bestest film for christmas

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: bestest film for christmas

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Well aware of how badly you can react Q which is why I wasn't going to get into a PM exchange with you which would normally have been my first instinct with anyone else. I did get the joke such as it was in fact but I'm not sure chris would have been laughing too much all the same.

For what it's worth I think chris may have overreacted to your first post and hopefully he'll notice you've taken on board what he said.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:00 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Well aware of how badly you can react Q which is why I wasn't going to get into a PM exchange with you which would normally have been my first instinct with anyone else. I did get the joke such as it was in fact but I'm not sure chris would have been laughing too much all the same.

For what it's worth I think chris may have overreacted to your first post and hopefully he'll notice you've taken on board what he said.

I sincerely hope so too. I'm trying hard to avoid a flame war.

Okay, just to get the thing back on topic, you know what would be a better Christmas film than The Human Centipede? The Shining.

Hear me out, please. It's got all the ingredients of a wonderful Christmas film!

10 Reasons Why The Shining Is A Christmas Film...

1. It's set during the winter in a cosy building.

2. It's got a family that needs to learn the virtues of being together.

3. Jack Nicholson is in it, which makes it doubly Christmassy (Jack= Jack Frost, Nicholson= St Nick).

4. There's a snowman at the end.

5. There's celebration and festivity and a lot of alcohol.

6. There's children in it!

7. Ghosts. Part of Christmas story tradition since at least 1843.

8. The dangers of cabin fever and ill-preparedness for winter are shown.

9. There's a lot of red in it, and red is the colour of Hogsw- ahem, Christmas.

10. And it has families breaking under the strain, a homicidal maniac wielding an axe, lotsa blood, and "HEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!" So of course it's like Christmas at home. :lol:
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby DaveC » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:13 am

:lol:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby fids » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:22 pm

I watched the Fifth Element today and I think that could be a good Christams film with its bigga badda boom's and chickens.

Yippy kai aye Die Hard for after tea.

You'll be hard pressed to beat Shrek for a bit of light after dinner sit back and enjoyness either. A flying talking donkey, can't make that stuff up.
You may be a King or a simple road sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
fids

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:48 pm

My favorite Bruce Willis film that is. :dance:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:22 am

Quatermass wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Well aware of how badly you can react Q which is why I wasn't going to get into a PM exchange with you which would normally have been my first instinct with anyone else. I did get the joke such as it was in fact but I'm not sure chris would have been laughing too much all the same.

I sincerely hope so too. I'm trying hard to avoid a flame war.

Okay, just to get the thing back on topic, you know what would be a better Christmas film than The Human Centipede? The Shining.

Hear me out, please. It's got all the ingredients of a wonderful Christmas film!

10 Reasons Why The Shining Is A Christmas Film...

1. It's set during the winter in a cosy building.

2. It's got a family that needs to learn the virtues of being together.

3. Jack Nicholson is in it, which makes it doubly Christmassy (Jack= Jack Frost, Nicholson= St Nick).

4. There's a snowman at the end.

5. There's celebration and festivity and a lot of alcohol.

6. There's children in it!

7. Ghosts. Part of Christmas story tradition since at least 1843.

8. The dangers of cabin fever and ill-preparedness for winter are shown.

9. There's a lot of red in it, and red is the colour of Hogsw- ahem, Christmas.

10. And it has families breaking under the strain, a homicidal maniac wielding an axe, lotsa blood, and "HEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!" So of course it's like Christmas at home. :lol:

Very good :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre