Six Seasons and a Movie

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby DaveC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Char wrote:Can't recall it ever being shown on any ITV or C4 channels. It's been shown on Viva before, but I don't think they're showing any episode right now.

Episodes can be found online if you fancy watching them and don't have any objections to streaming/downloading.

:oops: I remember that now, I didn't know how good it was meant to be at the time and forgot to watch. :?
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:01 pm

DaveC wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:
MongoGutman wrote:Never heard of it, probably not shown in blighty

Either ITV4 or E4, or possibly ITV2.

Pretty sure it's Sky only, I want to watch it, though.

Nah, it's deffo on a Freeview channel, as I recorded the series, saw the first one, and didn't "get" it, so deleted the series record.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Char » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:29 pm

DaveC wrote:
Char wrote:Can't recall it ever being shown on any ITV or C4 channels. It's been shown on Viva before, but I don't think they're showing any episode right now.

Episodes can be found online if you fancy watching them and don't have any objections to streaming/downloading.

:oops: I remember that now, I didn't know how good it was meant to be at the time and forgot to watch. :?

Haha, don't worry about it. I never would have started watching it had my work friends not insisted to me over and over again that I really should give it a shot and I'm so glad I finally did. I've since turned a few other people into fans myself using the same strategy. :twisted:

But like I said, episodes are pretty easy to find, so go ahead and watch a few if you fancy it. :)
Last edited by Char on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Char

Postby Char » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
DaveC wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:
MongoGutman wrote:Never heard of it, probably not shown in blighty

Either ITV4 or E4, or possibly ITV2.

Pretty sure it's Sky only, I want to watch it, though.

Nah, it's deffo on a Freeview channel, as I recorded the series, saw the first one, and didn't "get" it, so deleted the series record.

That's a shame :( . I don't know what it is about the pilot episode. When I watched it, it got me just interested enough to give the second a go, which is what got me hooked on the show.
Char

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Tell a lie. It's on Viva - Freeview 21.

http://uk.viva.tv/shows/community-0
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Char » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:47 am

http://community2013.com/

'Enrolling now for Fall 2013'

What I've been told this means is that the show will most likey go into syndication, but since Sony has made their own website for Community, it seems they're very eager to get another channel to pick up the show so it can continue elsewhere.

Encouraging!
Char

Postby MongoGutman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:05 pm

OK, so I'm half way through the second season. Yeah, good show. Ahmed and Troy are real funny. you may like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUnw1FADfBk
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Willem » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Annie's Awesome.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Char » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:41 am

Annie is my favourite of the bunch :D .

Some lovely person set up a charitable campaign called Beyond Greendale in the name of Community fans (to increase awareness of the show of course), but also to raise money to help high schoolers with their hopes of going to college. It's a great cause and you can choose which particular class/school/project(s) you want donate to should you decide to lend a hand.

Take a look!:

http://www.donorschoose.org/beyondgreendale

Also you can buy T-shirts! "All profits will go to the Beyond Greendale campaign to support real high schools classrooms in need of funding."

http://www.cafepress.com/sixseasonsandamovie
Char

Re: Six Seasons and a Movie

Postby Char » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Brilliant news for Community fans:

TV Guide in the US recently ran a competition where fans could vote to see the cast of their favourite show on the cover. Guess who won!

Community was up against the likes of Terra Nova, The Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and Dexter and narrowly came ahead of Chuck to grace the cover of the magazine. :dance:
Char

Postby MongoGutman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:03 am

tonight's episode was fun - Abed dons the cape again
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Char » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 am

MongoGutman wrote:tonight's episode was fun - Abed dons the cape again

Yup! And the fans got two things from that episode to trend on Twitter worldwide as the episode aired: #abedisbatman and #tinkletown
:)
Char

Postby Char » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Well last night's episode was the last one before the hiatus, but it was a great way to go out for a few months with a musical Christmas episode!

Fans and viewers managed to get Community trending a total of 11 times on Twitter while the show aired! They included: Troy and Abed, Alison Brie, #GreendaleXmas, sixseasonsandamovie, Britta, Merry Changmas, Baby Boomer Santa, #Childish Gambino and Donald Glover.

A brilliant episode too for those of us who don't really understand/like Glee. ;)
Char

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Apparently, Glee is losing viewers by the shedfull.

Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:55 pm

I like Glee but damn Sky for buying it. :(
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre