Zelda

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Zelda

Postby Willem » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:12 pm

I've got the new Zelda for the Wii.

That is all :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby michelanCello » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:30 pm

OK :lol:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Sir Toby » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:47 pm

I've seen a couple of reviews about it and it sounds great. I'm hoping to have a go on it this side of Christmas. What do you think of it?
Sir Toby

Postby Willem » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:53 am

It's great so far, I have only played the first temple and some lead-in to the second. Taking my time, no hurries. The new motion-plus controls work like a charm. The music sounds awesome, the visuals do miss a bit from not being HD, a little blocky around the edges.

Most importantly: it feels like a Zelda game! :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Re: Zelda

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:03 am

I'm waiting until I get it for Christmas, though I bought the guide so I can bone up a little. :)
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Willem » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:00 am

I'm about 2/3rds in I'm guessing. It's been a wild ride, with some truly epic (boss) fights and moments - and I don't use that word lightly.
Willem

Postby Kin Arad » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:32 pm

I can never finish any Zelda game, I never get past the final battle - really annoying! :evil:
But I'm glad your game's going well :D
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Antiq » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm tempted, I've played and loved all the other Zeldas, but I prefer using traditional controls - I wish they had included that option this time.
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:12 am

I'm getting Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword tomorrow. But I recently saw Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation review. I'm beginning to think that Yahtzee is a highly contrarian (for the most part) troll now, instead of a humorous reviewer.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:19 pm

I've spent part of the evening playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Have to be honest, it was filled with frustration. Firstly, I couldn't get my new WiiMote Plus (a WiiMote with the Motion Plus thing inside) to work with the Wii, though I managed to resolve that thanks to a look at the Nintendo support site. Secondly, trying to control the damn bird as well as freefalling, though that was more due to a bit of a dicky calibration of the controls and my holding the WiiMote wrong.

Despite these frustrations, I have to admit it's a good game (so far, as I'm not even up to the first dungeon yet, I'm only just at the Sealed Grounds) with an interesting new control set.

Quatermass

Postby Willem » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Startup is indeed pretty slow, and the controls do take some time to get used to. Once you get dungeoning, the fun really starts :)
Willem

Postby Quatermass » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Willem wrote:Startup is indeed pretty slow, and the controls do take some time to get used to. Once you get dungeoning, the fun really starts :)

I'm looking forward to the fight against Ghirahim. I want to see if I can do better than most others in that first part. :)

Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:53 am

A Wii bit of an update (atrocious pun absolutely intended). While I am enjoying some aspects of the game, getting used to this new control system is annoying me, especially when it comes to piloting the Loftwing or using a rope bridge (and yes, I kill any enemies on the other side before I try to cross). The controls are easily the worst thing about the game, though I have to be impressed at the level at which they were integrated into the gameplay.

However, I have just finished the Skyview Temple. Ghirahim was tricky (though I found more trouble, at first, with the Staldra and the first Skulltullas), but I managed to avoid his sword-grab technique the first couple of attacks, although he managed to catch (if not get) the sword more often after that. Most of the trouble in that battle came when he got his own sword. But it was a fun, if tricky, battle. :D

I've also started the Gratitude Crystal quest. I know Batreaux is meant to be benign, but for some reason, I'm getting a creepy vibe off him, especially with his friendship with the girl, Kukiel. :?

In any case, I'm going to stop playing Skyward Sword for a while, as I need to prepare for an interview in the new year, and a revision of genetics is needed.

Quatermass

Postby Olorin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm going to buy a Wii at the weekend just to play this game, loved all the Zelda's pretty much.

Never used a Wii in my life, fully expecting it to be a nightmare getting used to the controls. Should make it interesting though, never finished Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, was all a bit too familiar and it became a bit of a chore, eventually got fed up and never went back to it.
These new controls should keep me more awake :D
Olorin

Postby Quatermass » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:44 am

Well, I just played again for the first time since Boxing Day. I'm getting more used to the controls, though some things are still a bit dicky. However, I'm up to the beginning of the Earth Temple. :D

Quatermass

Next

Return to Games