WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm

In Überwald, the Hogswatch sun rose on a dark and stormy morn... Situation normal so far. Not for local busybody Jan Von Kwürm (a not so distant relative 8-) ) at the fat rendering plant in downtown Bonk who was disseminating a regrettably shortest ever juicy piece of gossip to a tall boney gentleman carrying a most impressive scythe...

"Well I never expected THAT!!!!!" said the rapidly fading nosey parker. "Did you see how fast that little bugger moved! I never knew orcs had such a turn of speed up a vertical surface..."
"PITY YOU STARTED CHEERING REALLY... THE WEREWOLF MIGHT NOT HAVE NOTICED YOU AT ALL."
"What werewolf?"
"THE ONE THAT JUST TORE YOUR THROAT OUT?"
"Who? TinTin? But he's a yennork isn't he...? Oh. Is this where I have to get my coat?"
"IF YOU LIKE - ALTHOUGH I DOUBT YOU'LL NEED IT."

Day has dawned. The first citizen has turned up her toes beside the fat vat at the tallow works and once again things are looking decidedly dodgy for life expectancy in downtown Bonk!

The angry mob's first lynching will be made at 5 p.m (GMT London time) Wednesday 30th November
or sooner if all players have used up their 3 votes

PMs on their way to our players re special roles/tasks v. soon...
You may vote for, accuse and generally abuse the following people on the official players list

mC
Jaeger
Emberella
Willem
Sjoerd
Kin Arad
Dotsie
WannbeAngua
Pip
DaveC

and our fine body of Gawpers (you can talk all you like but you have no vote remember)

Our good guys in this are not so much cops as hunters and are as follows:-

Mr. Nutt ~ back in the old country, possibly on a diplomatic mission for Lord Vetinari on internationial goblin affairs. He'll be following up any suspicious activity and looking to trip up one of the werewolf gang in the wee small hours.
He's also been round to Lady Margalotta gaffe a fair bit where he's been having some good chats with...

The Igor ~ who's very 'old school' and takes his surgery very seriously indeed. His business is to make sure any possible werewolf targets are protected from fang and claw, though this is not always an exact science...

Sally (insert multiple names) von Humpedig ~ on vacation huh? Lot of that about in the Watch just now! Let's hope she's not gone soft on her Black Ribbon values down in the Big Wahooni as her fave blend of Howondaland tea isn't too available in Bonk just now...
But seriously - this girl's got a natural born insight into the predatory instinct so she's bound to run those wolves ragged in her nighttime investigations.

And our wolf folk and allied trades...

Serafina von Uberwald ~ grande dame of the Uberwald werewolves she is the Den Mother and leader of our lupine faction. This is one lady you'd better hope won't turn on you as she's also immune to physical attacks during the night phase for anyone of the special roles with kill capability (more on that in a mo' :twisted: )

Rinty 'TinTin' von Uberwald ~ Serafina's youngest grandrunt but there's nothing little about this kid's killer instinct and you'd better believe his bite's far worse than his bark.

Dee the Despicable ~ she's out on parole and outwardly minding her Ps & Qs but this renegade dwarfette's a sneaky customer who's out to settle old scores and it so happens that any enemy of the von Uberwalds is also on her sh*t-list as well. She's not into blood sports but she will run interference for the wolves and looking to dance rings around the hunters to keep them off the scent!

And our dear 'defenceless' citizens... Did I tell you that they might not be quite so vulnerable as you think? :doh: :lol: Well - a word of warning on the genetic predisposition for angry mob mentality in Uberwald... :twisted: Yes, vigilantism is alive and kicking in them thar hills and you may find that your lynch targets have a sting in their tails even if they're not actually a werewolf adherant - you have been warned! :angelic-red:

Finally some tricks and trips for our hunters and killers - things may not be quite as they seem for some of you. Or all of you. Results may not be reliable for the hunters (your discoveries may be incorrect) and random factors may apply to your protection/blocker choices (your protection might not always be enough), not least if you accidently corner a vigilante and things backfire on you... :shifty:

Ask questions about the game and remind yourselves about the rules (such as they are) and full info re character designations in the Werewolf Night Chat Thread

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD DURING A NIGHT PHASE
The Narrator (me) will announce no-post phases once and once only! :naughty:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Re: WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Who to accuse? :think: decisions, decisions.

We have to catch that werechicken! :animals-chickencatch:
Last edited by Sjoerd3000 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Hmmm... :think:

Normally I don't like to vote for a newbie straight off, but there's so many! Voting for Sjoerd, pip or Willem would be too easy :P If I vote for mC, Sjoerd might slap me :shock:

I reckon Jaeger can take it, so I vote for Jaeger!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm too afraid of the handbag to slap you :shock:
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby DaveC » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Never done this before...who can take it......I vote for...Dotsie. :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Kin Arad » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:24 pm

I vote for....let me think....nope, i can't think - i shall decide later
what a useful post... :roll:
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Willem » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 pm

My first vote, as ever, is for MC. It's a tradition or an old charter or something.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:52 pm

*Slaps Willem* :twisted: :teasing-wedgie:
Sjoerd3000

Postby jaeger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 pm

VOTE . . . Kin Arad ~ for dithering :chores-chopwood:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby michelanCello » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Willem wrote:My first vote, as ever, is for MC. It's a tradition or an old charter or something.

Traditions are good to keep - therefor my first vote goes to Willem ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:15 pm

:lol: I'm gonna have to keep closer tabs on the voting I think :doh:

OK - more info on the secret roles and some other little surprises in store HERE and now added to the 1st post in this thread.

I think the Summoning Dark may figure in this perhaps as not everything is necessarily done in the usual way and not all secret info may be trustworthy... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Kin Arad » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:10 pm

I think I shall vote for Sjoerd..
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Voting round-up #1

DaveC - 1) Dotsie
Dotsie - 1) Jaeger
Emberella - none yet
Jaeger - 1) Kin Arad
Kin Arad - 1) Sjoerd
mC - 1) Willem
Pip - none yet
Sjoerd - none yet
WannbeAngua - none yet
Willem - 1) mC

Nice to see tit for tat voting going on already - good work people. :whistle:

For our newbies you can vote up to 3 times but no more (so a 4th name won't be counted ) - whoever you last voted for up to the deadline you're stuck with at lynch time. People remember these things as well... :angelic-red:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby jaeger » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:51 am

I predict a riot . . . . well and angry mob anyway . . . I can hear the pitchforks a'rattlin.
Who's a naughty :?: then ? Image
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby pip » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 am

Hard to decide as not everyone has started yet . Sjoerd and myself have a bad history on this but the newbies are a risk, got a hell of a slap for voting MC before and Dotsie frankly scares me . Hmmm. As its there first game and to make them feel part of it i vote Emberella :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Next

Return to Games