Werewolf Night Chat in here - you have been warned!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: WEREWOLF!!!!!

Postby DaveC » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:38 am

Ditto, I fancy a go... :sad-roulette:

Never player or lurked before, though... :?
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby pip » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 am

So you'll probably be better than me then :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:19 pm

:lol: Thanks gents - we made the magic 10! A record number of participants!!!!! :o

Rightio - this means we'll do a 3:3 good.v.evil formation on the special roles and, as this is the inaugural game of Werewolf for the new-look board there will be random surprises on the lynches too :angry-devil:

OK - I'm off to write the intro which'll go on for tea-time at latest today, so watch out for the new game thread opening around 5pm GMT. This thread will stay open for everyone, but especially newbies, to come in and use for gameplay explanations, rulings or reffing and for Night Phase chat (nobody is to post on the game thread during Night Phase - there will be penalties for persistent offenders - Sjoerd :twisted: )

CYA'll soon folks... :angelic-halo:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:31 pm

I always obey the rules! :liar:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Re: Werewolf Night Chat in here - you have been warned!

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:05 pm

K - game thread's up HERE

Off to do the draw for the 6 special roles and sending out the PMs during the course of this evening - unless you hear from me then you're a 'normal' citizen OK? ;)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby SimStars13 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 pm

:cry: Silly buggy board, making me miss this! I shall have to lurk instead then :)
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:03 pm

You can still gawp SimStars ;)

OK - posting the full rundown on the roles in here but also in the game thread's 1st post now that I can edit properly again :lol:

Our good guys in this are not so much cops as hunters and are as follows:-

Mr. Nutt ~ back in the old country, possibly on a diplomatic mission for Lord Vetinari on internationial goblin affairs. He'll be following up any suspicious activity and looking to trip up one of the werewolf gang in the wee small hours.
He's also been round to Lady Margalotta gaffe a fair bit where he's been having some good chats with...

The Igor ~ who's very 'old school' and takes his surgery very seriously indeed. His business is to make sure any possible werewolf targets are protected from fang and claw, though this is not always an exact science...

Sally (insert multiple names) von Humpedig ~ on vacation huh? Lot of that about in the Watch just now! Let's hope she's not gone soft on her Black Ribbon values down in the Big Wahooni as her fave blend of Howondaland tea isn't too available in Bonk just now...
But seriously - this girl's got a natural born insight into the predatory instinct so she's bound to run those wolves ragged in her nighttime investigations.

And our wolf folk and allied trades...

Serafina von Uberwald ~ grande dame of the Uberwald werewolves she is the Den Mother and leader of our lupine faction. This is one lady you'd better hope won't turn on you as she's also immune to physical attacks during the night phase for anyone of the special roles with kill capability (more on that in a mo' :twisted: )

Rinty 'TinTin' von Uberwald ~ Serafina's youngest grandrunt but there's nothing little about this kid's killer instinct and you'd better believe his bite's far worse than his bark.

Dee the Despicable ~ she's out on parole and outwardly minding her Ps & Qs but this renegade dwarfette's a sneaky customer who's out to settle old scores and it so happens that any enemy of the von Uberwalds is also on her sh*t-list as well. She's not into blood sports but she will run interference for the wolves and looking to dance rings around the hunters to keep them off the scent!

And our dear 'defenceless' citizens... Did I tell you that they might not be quite so vulnerable as you think? :doh: :lol: Well - a word of warning on the genetic predisposition for angry mob mentality in Uberwald... :twisted: Yes, vigilantism is alive and kicking in them thar hills and you may find that your lynch targets have a sting in their tails even if they're not actually a werewolf adherant - you have been warned! :angelic-red:

Finally some tricks and trips for our hunters and killers - things may not be quite as they seem for some of you. Or all of you. Results may not be reliable for the hunters (your discoveries may be incorrect) and random factors may apply to your protection/blocker choices (your protection might not always be enough), not least if you accidently corner a vigilante and things backfire on you... :shifty:

It is still Hogwatch - so you'd better watch out... :confusion-seeingstars:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:38 pm

ouch kin . you missed a few vote switches there . harsh luck. :shock:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby WannabeAngua » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Now I feel bad for Kin. Will switch votes next round.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Kin Arad » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Aw don't worry, I shall continue to gawp - you're not rid of me yet :lol:
But can I have some sad violin music? :violin: :violin: :D
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Willem » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Awww poor Kin, we hardly knew ye!
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby michelanCello » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Awww...that's not fair! I've been off for just one day, and the day-phase is already over... :(

Poor Kin... may she rest in peace...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Kin Arad » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:01 pm

“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Poor Kin :cry:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby DaveC » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Yes. Poor Kin. :| :| :|
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

PreviousNext

Return to Games