Nation Paperback

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

Nation Paperback

Postby Little Pixie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:31 pm

I don`t know how accurate this is, but Borders lists the paperback for Nation as having a publication date of 1st October, 2009. Hmm, now there`s a clunky sentence. :lol:

http://www.borders.co.uk/book/nation/1489094/
Little Pixie

Re: Nation Paperback

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Little Pixie wrote:I don`t know how accurate this is, but Borders lists the paperback for Nation as having a publication date of 1st October, 2009. Hmm, now there`s a clunky sentence. :lol:

Good to see you again Little Pixie! :D

I guess that would probably be about right as far as the release date for the paperback. I was just looking on the home site of this forum - Random House, Terry's UK publisher, but I don't see anything there about a release date - yet. :)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Re: Nation Paperback

Postby Little Pixie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Little Pixie wrote:I don`t know how accurate this is, but Borders lists the paperback for Nation as having a publication date of 1st October, 2009. Hmm, now there`s a clunky sentence. :lol:

Good to see you again Little Pixie! :D

<< Gives a little wave back >> :D
Little Pixie

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:39 pm

you all know there is a paperback copy out already dont you ?
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:46 pm

There is? :shock:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:34 am

Just to confuse matters, Play.com say it's due for release on 24th September 2009.

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/1001 ... oduct.html
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Little Pixie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Now I`m really confuzzled. :?

<< Goes for a little lie down >> :lol:
Little Pixie

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:15 am

Tonyblack wrote:There is? :shock:

I thought i put this on a different thread awhile ago, there is what they call an airport edition, its a large format (B) paperback from WHSmiths the ISBN is 978-0-385-61371-2 oh nearly forgot Waterstones also have done an exclusive paperback large format (B) edition ISBN 978-0-385-61712-3 again i think ive mentioned it before lol never mind you all know about then now :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:31 am

Now you mention it, I think you did. My memory is awful. :lol:

But this airport edition isn't the same as a mass market paperback that seems to be coming out September or October, is it? :?
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:33 pm

not sure ive not looked yet to see what size format the book is but ill check now and see what i can see :)

Right ive just checked and looking at the amount of pages and cost its got to be a normal corgi sized book, so that means its another one to add to my wants list :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tristan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:22 pm

I think it's rather odd, I saw the paperback edition a week ago.

Well, I guess the Dutch people get the paperbacks in advance, mwhahahaha :twisted:
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:30 pm

Tristan wrote:I think it's rather odd, I saw the paperback edition a week ago.

Well, I guess the Dutch people get the paperbacks in advance, mwhahahaha :twisted:
I remember going to pick up my friend's copy of one of the Harry Potter books (she was on holiday) from a Dutch bookstore, the paperback and the hardback were out on the same day. Is that the same with Pratchett books there? :?
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:58 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Tristan wrote:I think it's rather odd, I saw the paperback edition a week ago.

I remember going to pick up my friend's copy of one of the Harry Potter books (she was on holiday) from a Dutch bookstore, the paperback and the hardback were out on the same day. Is that the same with Pratchett books there? :?

My local bookstore has 1 september as publication date so it´s indeed already out here :D I don´t think the paperbakcs and hardbacks are out on the same day only we get the paperback before you get them :twisted: :twisted:
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:28 am

Just got back from the bookstore and they had the Nation paperback!!!!! :D I bought it :D :D
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
Sjoerd3000

Nation

Postby honey06 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:08 pm

I just loved this book! I got it just before Christmas and literally couldn't put it down - masterpiece! :P
honey06

Next

Return to Latest books