Tina's Baby Sister is Getting Hitched!!!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 pm

I remember a Radio 2 listener recounting a tale to Terry Wogan, and I think it is worth repeating.

A man (the listener) was having a bbq in his garden with a group of friends. It was coming towards the end of the day and they were just toasting the marshmallows on the flames of the bbq when they heard a lot of sirens and saw 2 fire engines go rushing past the house.
Realizing that the engines had stopped up the road, they all raced to the end of the street and saw a house well alight, when the home owner saw them and gave them all a filthy look.
The listener couldn't understand why and they all returned to his bbq when it dawned on him that they had all appeared at the mans burning house holding toasting forks and marshmallows...
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:29 pm

excellent :lol: :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:10 am

The wedding is tomorrow, er, today...which is why I cannot sleep. Too many thoughts running amok. Saturday is the reception with Karaoke. That should be a proper party with the proper silliness. :lol: :twisted:

I have picked out two ... unique songs to do because they are just not easy enough for regular "simple" songs.

Mercy, by Duffy, don't know her, don't care, tis the ONLY song I like by her, it has odd syncopations. And Black Horse in a Cherry Tree by that girl who sounds so much like Annie Lennox, then I shall degrade into Weird Al Yankovich and Blues Brothers or something appropo. :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:04 am

In that case - I hope it goes off well. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:00 pm

nothing wrong with duffy a good welsh girl :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Well, she is well and truly married now. The judge looked at the license and blurted out CRANSTON, RHODE ISLAND!! That is where they live atm. It was funny. The wedding was in Sycamore IL. We kept expecting him to add In Rhode Island or not. I think he was truly thinking about it but, decided to be a bit dignified.

They had a Best man with the ring for her, and when he turned to the Maid of Honor I stage whispered "RingChick" which lead he followed to my immense delight! :twisted:

Tonight is Pictures... Booooorrriiinnngg, And reception where Someone Will be a total Div, I shall try to arrange to have a notebook to remember the names. I don't drink, so I pray it won't be me. LOL :lol:

These are the type of folks who when dared, betted upon, or simply saying "You WOULDN'T" Would indeed. :roll: :twisted:

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:45 pm

As I am telling my youngest... my 22 year old baby that I love him and to be careful on the way to the reception and not get a DUI... his eyes widen and he says, "Is IT GOING TO BE OPEN BAR?????" I reply Probably NOT!!

His reply, from the mouth of my last born, my wee lil one... is AWWWWWWWWW!!! Odds are, if he can arrange it HE will be the Div.

:roll:

Postby Trish » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:18 pm

Well, Tina? Are you awake yet or still?
Trish

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:20 pm

Trish wrote:Well, Tina? Are you awake yet or still?

yup, awake and more or less functional. It was a BLAST! We had a great time. The Groom and his men made total Divs of themselves several times and at one point, the Groom and three other guys dropped trou (sers) and seranaded the Bride.

It was a delicious mix of silliness and humour and outright Aww Hugs I Wub You stuff.

Karaoke went Fab, the DJ asked me to come and sing when he plays out, and one of the groomsmen hit on me. Sober! at that!! It was Ab Fab all around.

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Gawds, I have not stayed out that late in years... going to take a nap now that I know baby sis is not coming over today. LOL :lol: Getting old... creeps toward the bedroom groaning and clutching me back... and then... Cackles

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:50 pm

glad it all went well for you and your family tina :)
you also really seem to like the word div , good word isnt it :lol: :lol: :lol:
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Sounds like the party rocked Tina! 8)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum