The Third Person Thread - Part the first

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Conforumist » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:18 am

pip wrote:http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3993

Pip points to the above thread as an explanation.
Pip also points out that we have gained many new active members .
Pip wonders how they will be kept in line :twisted: :twisted:

Con' says thanks to pip for the link. Who ever reads those "stickies" anyway?? :D
Conforumist

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:25 am

Phoenix is attempting to resist the urge to jump around deliberately shouting the Forbidden Pronoun. She suspects she is the type who, when faced with a big red button saying "Do Not Push", would push it to see what happened :oops:

She backs slowly away from the thread until her rebellious tendencies have cooled down a little *clamps hands over mouth and runs away*
Hah! I laugh in the face of danger... Then I hide until it goes away.

+++ Out of Spoons Error +++ Redo From Start +++
Phoenix

Postby DaveC » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:27 am

DaveC is watching Slumdog Millionaire and surfing the internet whilst trying to wake up. Breakfast will follow. DaveC is working 9 till 6 today and tomorrow, and the next day. DaveC will be exhausted by this working 3 days in a row malarky... :roll:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Conforumist » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:45 am

DaveC wrote:DaveC is watching Slumdog Millionaire and surfing the internet whilst trying to wake up. Breakfast will follow. DaveC is working 9 till 6 today and tomorrow, and the next day. DaveC will be exhausted by this working 3 days in a row malarky... :roll:

..sucks to be, DaveC.. :cry:
Conforumist

Postby DaveC » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:57 am

DaveC has just put the Weetabix away and is about to make his sandwiches. :D
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby meerkat » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 am

Meerkat is looking out at the mist/fog and thinking she may well put off her trip into York. It is also cold in Gods Own County so she will need to wrap up warm as well.
Meerkat was also niffed that there was a powercut this morning as she was just getting her toast nicely browned and the house warm and cosy!

Meerkat Screams!!!!Argh!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby TwoShotTino » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:11 am

Tino would like to order cocktails for everyone off of this barman :D
TwoShotTino

Postby AuntyVague » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:34 am

pip wrote:Pip quietly nudges the recently returned Canadian and tells him to be careful not to offend the Refugees who brought this thread from there recently shut down forum.
Pip feels sorry that this was all they could salvage along with a moderator

Aunty tells pip not to feel sorry, she for one (after getting over her initial trepidation) is very happy to have found a whole new community of TP fans on an active board. She was becoming increasingly :cry: to see the old board slowing down and losing so many to f**c*b**k.

In recognition of Tino's health a safety concerns Aunty throws all the 70's beanbags, rugs and curtains out the window, but draws the line at throwing out the disco ball. Now someone is going to have to re-decorate, as Aunty is clearly not the person for the job. But she's not sulking. No.
AuntyVague

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Since the seating has disappeared Doughnut Jimmy chucks some straw and a couple of horse blankets in a corner to make do.
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Tonyblack considers f**c*b**k evil! He was a member some time ago but managed to escape. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Tonyblack considers f**c*b**k evil! He was a member some time ago but managed to escape. :wink:

Penfold would like to point out Tony spelt "f*c*b**k" wrong; It only has four "*'s" and not five. :wink: Penfold thinks it can only be f*c*b**k's evil influence that led Tony into this uncharacteristic error by causing him to punch the keys too hard leading to a duplicate "*".

Penfold now runs away to hide before Tony reads this. :P
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Tonyblack blames Aunty for the error because he copied and pasted f**c*b**k from her post. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Toothy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Tonyblack blames Aunty for the error because he copied and pasted f**c*b**k from her post. :P

Shortcuts have their downsides, as Tony has discovered. ;) Unless, of course, Aunty was trying to disguise thoughts along the lines of Farcebook and was hiding the extra consonant so as not to be too obvious. ;)

Having stretched a point beyond all belief, Toothy reverts to the post in hand.

Toothy chuckles at Phoenix's post. :lol: Wonderful image of a boardie about to explode with mischief.

She wonders if Dave C is a 3 Weetabix guy or prefers more moderation. Slumdog Millionaire is a great film.

Meerkat is in Toothy's home county! Woohoo! Toothy has many happy memories of the Dales and Moors and Whitby, York, Harrogate (with Betty's Tea Shop) and, and, and... *shakes herself and continues the post*

Tino's barman was impressive! Toothy has a reputation for being a bit of a calamity so daren't imagine how it would have turned out had she tried it... :shock:

((((Hugs)))) to Binky who, Toothy hopes, is feeling better soon. She also thinks Fluffy was being too modest about her involvement as moderator on the other board.

How is Aston, Docandie? Is there any news about potential puppies...?

Sorry, Vicky, but Toothy isn't going to be able to be there for Hogswatch as that's the weekend of the local play production and Toothy's the Prompt so probably needs to be there. The cast is performing Cold Comfort Farm which is weird but funny. Toothy is deciding whether to prompt in dialect or not - choices, choices! It'll be a case of 'from the sublime to the ridiculous' as the Toothies went to see Calendar Girls with the theatre group last night. (They're thinking of putting the show on in 2013 - Toothy will definitely stay backstage!).

Toothy looks at the post and at her watch. Ooops! Time to let someone else have a say! :oops:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Slants Secretary » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Helen used to not like f*c*b**k and thought it was a bit of a waste of time, but she does like it for keeping in touch with her uncle in Australia and sister who lives about 10 mins drive away :roll:

Helen hopes everyone is having a good weekend. She has been for a bike ride in the sunshine, was quite nice and didn't even feel that cold.....

She is now going to atempt to make Butternut Squash soup, but the last soup she tried turned into a chicken stew somehow :?

Helen agrees that Tino's barman was amazing and loves those thought of things, where everything works just right. Her favourite advert is the Honda cog one.

Helen agrees with Aunty that she is happy here, but must admit that she was one of the less frequent visitors to the HC board because she spends all day looking at a computer and sometimes just wants to go home and not use her eyes, she feels she looks a bit like this :shock:

Helen is glad Vicky had a good day at the German market and thanks her for getting the sofa's from the old thread :)

Helens off to look at a butternut squash and then run away from it :?

Happy Evening/Afternoon/Lunch/Breakfast (delete as appropriate :wink: ) Everyone!
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don’t think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Slants Secretary

Postby Docandie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Docandie is also not a fan of f*c*b**k even though she again has a very minor and mostly hidden presence there (because of her grands), she just reads things posted by them.
She had many problem with it when she joined a couple of years ago, as one of her email addys was made public in error and she was getting hundreds of unwanted emails daily that were not diverted by her spamblocker.

Aston is just fine, it's too early to know if the breedings took but there should be clear evidence in another couple of weeks or so.
Docandie will not be getting a puppy, at her age, one basenji is more than enough.
She has a lovely photo of Aston which she is considering making her avatar if the reduced size has good detail.

Docandie loves Cold Comfort Farm, read the novel when she was quite young and still has her grandfather's. Sadly not a first edition but an early one. She also has the DVD and finds it a good one to watch when feeling just a bit down. Cheers one right up.
I'm NOT overweight, I'm undertall!

My Blog http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/
Docandie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum