The Third Person Thread - Part the first

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Slants Secretary » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Helen has been wondering round the new board just trying to get her bearings, she has a terrible sense of direction and tends to get lost uite easily :?

Helen thinks the place is really starting to look like home from HC and thinks that a few things missing are some of her very own home made seedy bread rolls, that sbread wiht seeds in not the other kinda! and thinks before long there will be a furry ornage thing swinging on the disco ball

Helen sends a massive WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to (((joanne))) on the new job and hopes hse settles in really well and thinks she is a women so will be able to easily master doing more than 2 things at once.

Helen also apologises now as she is atrocious (just had to check this in Word :P ) at spelling and nows that some people can get really :evil: when people can't spell, she is the same about grammar

Helen says that it is really really reaaaaaaally easy to fall into Third person and finds herslef doing that on normal posts and almosts, almosts! forgets how to write normally.

Helen is just on her lunch now and thinks she shoudl get back and do some work, so she is waving buy to everyone and hopes to be able to pop back soon.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don’t think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Slants Secretary

Postby Conforumist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Hey Slants Secretary, the forum says hello!

The Conmeister just got home from his trip to Italy last night. He says he had an amazing time and will post some pics soon!!

(who came up with this stupid thread.. :? )
Conforumist

Postby pip » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Pip quietly nudges the recently returned Canadian and tells him to be careful not to offend the Refugees who brought this thread from there recently shut down forum.
Pip feels sorry that this was all they could salvage along with a moderator
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Conforumist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 pm

The Conmeister was totally ignorant to the fact that another forum had shut down: He would appreciate a link to this fact.

Many their loss be our gain, however!
Conforumist

Postby pip » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:13 pm

http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3993

Pip points to the above thread as an explanation.
Pip also points out that we have gained many new active members .
Pip wonders how they will be kept in line :twisted: :twisted:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Tonyblack welcomes Helen to the site. He hopes that she will be happy here. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Slants Secretary wrote:Helen thinks the place is really starting to look like home from HC and thinks that a few things missing are some of her very own home made seedy bread rolls, that sbread wiht seeds in not the other kinda! and thinks before long there will be a furry ornage thing swinging on the disco ball

OOK!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Fluffy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Fluffy pops back in to say, "WOOT!" and other noisy expressions of support and encouragement for Joanne. She wonders how in the world Joanne can fit all those activities with her very active social life.

She tells Aunty she, too, is a little worried about the 70s color scheme. She had really hoped to see the last of it by 1983. She would like to make some tea-cozy-shaped slipcovers for the beanbag chairs to support the traditional Food And Drink (Especially Chocolate) Theme. She says since it is Friday she will be glad to make some of her chocolate martinis and cupcakes in assorted flavors. She just needs a head count.

She is so happy to see Will of Lancre! She thinks this move might be A Very Good Thing for the Harper-Collins Boardies, since activity there has diminished in the last three years. She is looking forward to catching up with some of the Pratchett fans who did not move to F*c*b**k. That looks quite naughty when the vowels are removed, she notices.

And Fluffy is not at all surprised that Toothy has been promoted to Moderator. Toothy is actually a good and conscientious moderator, in contrast to Fluffy.

Fluffy bunks off for the moment as she has a poorly daughter; yes, that would be Young Binky, who is now 17. Binks was a Boardie during 2006/7 when she was just a wee lassie. Binky is doing fine at the moment - she was just feeling pretty rotten in the a.m.
"Repent? Me? Cheek! I can't start repenting at my time of life. I'd never get any work done. Anyway," she added, "I ain't sorry for most of it."
Fluffy

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Doughnut Jimmy waves hi at Slant's Secretary, and thinks that old blood sucker must be a pain to work for.
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Howondaland » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:07 pm

imperfectlynormal wrote:Impy tells Jules that she was merely using the forbidden pronoun in solidarity with Joanne....*ahem, cough, cough*. Yes, that's it exactly. :wink:

:D

She wants thank everyone again for all the noise and congratulations :)
Joanne and friends are going out for a few social ones to celebrate her friends birthday and getting a job. She must restrain herself as she has work in the morning :roll:

Joanne is in agreement that her being a woman she will be able to juggle everything and find time to keep some sort of a social life.

(((Helen)))) Joanne knows she must annoy the life out of some of the boardies as her spelling/gramma is not too good and her third person skills are just as bad :oops:

Joanne jumped straight to Fluffy's post and straight to where she thought Fluffy was swearing... She thinks f*c*b**k looks better this way :)

Joanne hopes she will be able to remember all the new peoples names as her memory is terrible, especially when it somes to names but she does remember someone had just came back from Italy and she hopes a fabulous time was had.
Where surveyers don't come back and mapmakers are found nailed upside down to a tree.
Howondaland

Postby Docandie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Docandie waves "Howdy" to all the folks she knows from the "other" forum and thanks those who emailed her privately to let her know this change was upon us.
She has been a bit busy lately with various projects - the holiday cooking binge has begun and she is trying out some new techniques for creating candied fruits as well as resurrecting some ancient techniques for comfits and sweets of the renaissance. The latter is a teaching project for two young people who are involved in the SCA. (Society for Creative Anachronism)
I'm NOT overweight, I'm undertall!

My Blog http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/
Docandie

Postby meerkat » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Meerkat, herself, would like to welcome Docandi to the site and let her know that we are nice people and will be more than happy to see pictures of Docandie's latest creations! :D
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby cheery_j. » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Jules rushes in because she wants to be first in the line waiting for chocolate martinis. She gets a bit distracted by docandie's cooking. When docandie doesn't look Jules licks all the spoons in the kitchen! :D

Jules looooves Fluffy's new spelling of f*c*b**k! :D She's not a big fan of f*c*b**k, because a) it is scary and b) it steals her friends.
Jules would like to vow that henceforth she will only call it f*c*b**k, but fears that's not possible, because she sometimes discusses f*c*b**k with her students. She assumes that though the students would appreciate the new name, the parents wouldn't. Pfffff! :roll:
cheery_j.

Postby vicky Sugarbean » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:12 pm

vicky strolls in after organising the delivery of the comfy sofa's and blankeys from the old thread :D
Hmm what happened to Nanny's helper vicky hears you ask?
well for some strange voodoo reason vicky couldnt log on using that name and as she performed as ms Sugarbean at the last con and thats what she calls her self on f***b**k :wink: she decided to settle on that to make it easier to find her!
Vicky went to visit the German market today it was a good day out but Vicky is getting extremely excited about her upcoming visit to Wincanton for Hogswatch she is sooooooooooooooo excited that she may explode if not careful :D
vicky waves to all the new people in the new place and hopes that they are happy for us to join in and all become one big Terry worshiping family :D
vicky is now going to see if she can finally work out how to get an Avatar - sigh somethings never change (((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))) xxx
if things get too bad there's always chocolate :D
vicky Sugarbean

Postby Toothy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am

((((((Docandie!)))))) Hurrah! Great to see you join us here. And a belated but heartfelt thank you for the lovely Halloween card you sent me a few weeks ago. I meant to email you to say thanks but RL kept getting in the way. :(

Toothy is stunned at the pace of movement on this board! It reminds her of the heady days when she first joined HC and everyone was posting at a rate of knots! It was so sad to see things slow down as everyone migrated over to F*c*b**k... She hopes this vibrant environment will entice peeps back and more often. :)

*gives a Toothy grin as she heads out Image *
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum