New Best Way to Watch or to Introduce Someone to Star Wars

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Willem » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Just read all those articles, and they literally had me teary eyed along with the kids and dad. Well written, powerful stuff. Then again I'm a sucker for emotional kid stuff.
My girl's only three and I look forward to sharing all kinds of movies with her, but I won't force Star Wars on her :) I love that she loves the Lion King and such, it's great watching old familiar movies through her eyes.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby meerkat » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Simples!

4,5,6 and then 1,2,3, to show them how you do not make prequals! :evil:

Bitter? Moi?
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby DaveC » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Willem wrote:Just read all those articles, and they literally had me teary eyed along with the kids and dad. Well written, powerful stuff. Then again I'm a sucker for emotional kid stuff.
My girl's only three and I look forward to sharing all kinds of movies with her, but I won't force Star Wars on her :) I love that she loves the Lion King and such, it's great watching old familiar movies through her eyes.

They really are great aren't they! They are long reads but well worth it. :D
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby TwoShotTino » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:10 am

I've not read the articles yet but I would always introduce them to anybody adult or child in the order they was made.

I do think that there is something to be said for watching them after in episode order. I'm not a big fan of the prequels as I don't think they have the same feel of Star Wars and more just a way to line Mr. Lucas' pockets a bit more (like he needs to do that)

I also think that Revenge of the Sith does finally goes some way to being a SW film and I think the scene where Palpatine explains the power of preventing death is great.
TwoShotTino

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre