Black Covers (Sorry if this has already been done!)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tristan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:28 pm

I think we're just used to Kirby - for many his covers are a part of the Discworld and anything looks bland compared to them.

But I have to agree with stripy_tie. The black covers have are just as charming, especially in regards to the Death books. The fact I can imagine them on a shel somewhere in Death's domain says enough. :D I'd love to have those five (Mort - Thief of Time).

I'm also a big fan of the new Tiffany covers. I love seeing Tiffany with the different witches, the 4 colours/elements, the little details... Better than the originals.

Anyway, I like all the UK covers. US on the other hand... blergh. :P
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby pip » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Tristan wrote:I think we're just used to Kirby - for many his covers are a part of the Discworld and anything looks bland compared to them.

But I have to agree with stripy_tie. The black covers have are just as charming, especially in regards to the Death books. The fact I can imagine them on a shel somewhere in Death's domain says enough. :D I'd love to have those five (Mort - Thief of Time).

I'm also a big fan of the new Tiffany covers. I love seeing Tiffany with the different witches, the 4 colours/elements, the little details... Better than the originals.

Anyway, I like all the UK covers. US on the other hand... blergh. :P

Not a fan of the US covers at all. but oddly they stuck with the Kidby cover this time. :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby meerkat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Any black cover NIGHTWATCH out there yet, does anyone know?

I only seem to able to find the kindle cover so far. :x

Managed to get all my others though! Wahoo!

Getting stressed now! :roll: I only need the one and flippin Eric as well of course!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:28 pm

meerkat wrote:Went into Waterstones in Hull on Thursday and they told me the new black covers are out on the same day as Snuff is released!
Their faces, when I told them I already had a signed copy ordered, was priceless! :evil:
Meer have you had your copy from PJSM yet.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tristan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:40 pm

meerkat wrote:Any black cover NIGHTWATCH out there yet, does anyone know?

Getting stressed now! :roll: I only need the one and flippin Eric as well of course!

You should upload photo's! I deffinately wanna see how they look on your shelf. :)) Where do you buy them and at what price?
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby RJH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Yes there is a cover of the night watch -->

RJH

Postby stripy_tie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:44 pm

meerkat wrote:Any black cover NIGHTWATCH out there yet, does anyone know?

Yeah, amazon had the image for the Thud black cover with night watch written on it (i'm still baffled as to how this happened). I reported the mistake and they removed the image.

What makes it even stranger is that the original image they had for the listing was actually correct.
It's all about the sun master, white snow and red blood and the sun. Always has been.
stripy_tie

Postby meerkat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:53 am

Thanks guys, I'll try to find it again!
meerkat

Black covers (Updated)

Postby winther » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:47 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my copy of Night Watch in the post today. It seems it was delayed with 14 days or so from the rest of the rest (eg monstrous regiment, unseen academicals etc).

I now have all the black cover editions, including the 4 tiffany aching books, the maurice book, and good omens. YAY!!!
winther

Postby winther » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:48 pm

still looking for the black cover edition of Nation...
winther

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:58 pm

winther wrote:still looking for the black cover edition of Nation...
Nation isn't a Discworld book and I don't think it's available as a black cover. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:00 pm

I have it a black cover. Prod Waterstones or go on thier on line shop.* I say Waterstones cos that's where rI got mine from. Amazon has it too!

Tony is right, it's not a discworld book, but the black cover does look good along side them!

* There are other book shops who would do this.
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:14 pm

I didn't know that meer! Thanks. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: Black covers (Updated)

Postby stripy_tie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:06 pm

winther wrote:Just wanted to let you all know that I got my copy of Night Watch in the post today. It seems it was delayed with 14 days or so from the rest of the rest (eg monstrous regiment, unseen academicals etc).

I now have all the black cover editions, including the 4 tiffany aching books, the maurice book, and good omens. YAY!!!

You have the monstrous regiment black cover? from where? that's one of the few i haven't been able to locate and i thought it hadn't been printed yet.

I know Maurice was out there briefly but amazon stopped selling it almost immediately.

The only other currently not available (excluding Eric which i doubt we'll ever see) seems to be Going Postal, i think it has something to do with the movie edition, they probably don't want to be selling 3 editions of the same book at the same time.
It's all about the sun master, white snow and red blood and the sun. Always has been.
stripy_tie

Postby meerkat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Got it from Amazon! using The Book Depositry.
meerkat

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels