Announce: Discworld Convention 2012 price rise

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Announce: Discworld Convention 2012 price rise

Postby KarenM » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:22 pm

There's a new blog post about the price rise here: http://www.dwcon.org/news/2011/10/25/price-rise

I think the message though is buy now, while stocks last - we're well in to the 800s of the membership numbers with ages to go yet!

K
KarenM

Postby RJH » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 pm

I am hoping to get tickets for a B'day present if there is any left but as it will be the whole family going, it ain't cheap and Xmas comes first at this time of year :cry:

Love the t-shirts though. 8)
RJH

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Pity they are in Black though.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby KarenM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:18 am

You can get them in other colours! Blue and Green I think offhand, check out the ebay shop.

K
KarenM

Postby KarenM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:21 am

RJH wrote:I am hoping to get tickets for a B'day present if there is any left but as it will be the whole family going, it ain't cheap and Xmas comes first at this time of year :cry:

You could always buy a supporting membership for now and upgrade to a full membership nearer the time, that means the cost is spread which might help and you know you've got a place :)

K
KarenM

Postby RJH » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:03 am

KarenM wrote:
RJH wrote:I am hoping to get tickets for a B'day present if there is any left but as it will be the whole family going, it ain't cheap and Xmas comes first at this time of year :cry:

You could always buy a supporting membership for now and upgrade to a full membership nearer the time, that means the cost is spread which might help and you know you've got a place :)

K

Interesting what is a supporting membership?
RJH

Postby KarenM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:19 am

RJH wrote:Interesting what is a supporting membership?

Here you go, whipped straight off the website as I should really be doing my day job and not buggering around on the net ;)

'Supporting membership includes subscription to all electronic or paper updates prior to the event, but not attendance at the event. Supporting membership may be converted to full membership at any time at the applicable rate (full or concessionary) on the initial date of purchase. Think of it as a means of reserving a place if you are not sure if you will be able to attend.'

K
KarenM

Postby RJH » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 am

KarenM wrote:
RJH wrote:Interesting what is a supporting membership?

Here you go, whipped straight off the website as I should really be doing my day job and not buggering around on the net ;)

'Supporting membership includes subscription to all electronic or paper updates prior to the event, but not attendance at the event. Supporting membership may be converted to full membership at any time at the applicable rate (full or concessionary) on the initial date of purchase. Think of it as a means of reserving a place if you are not sure if you will be able to attend.'

K

Hmm sounds interesting, will have a think about it then.
RJH

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:43 am

Price of gin gone up, has it? :wink: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby KarenM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Price of gin gone up, has it? :wink: :lol:

Hush! I just have a problem with the gin evaporating in the bottle, that must be it *nods sagely*.

K
KarenM

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:44 pm

**nods parsleyey**
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Return to Terry Pratchett