Idea for the final Discworld book!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Idea for the final Discworld book!

Postby robhull1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi all...First post so please go easy on me. (if in the wrong place could moderator move it. Thanks)

Had an idea for a final discworld book if Terry felt he could not carry on (God forbid). This could be used as a grand farewell to everyones favourite Discworld Characters.

The book would be along the lines of 80 Days around the World - possibly called "80 Days around the Disc". This would involve probably the patrician getting into a bet with a rival regarding how long it would take to visit the main areas on the disc.

The Patrician would then have either Moist or Rincewind take the Journey and they would have to collect certain arcticles of interest from the rulers or persons of specific interest of different areas of the disc as proof of them having been there.

This would give Terry plenty of choice to bring back characters from previous books that have not appeared for a while such as Twoflower, or more up to date characters such as the Tiffany and the Nac Mac Feegle, Cohen the Barbarian, Death etc.. Even including areas such as Dunmanifestin with the Gods of discworld to Lancre or Klatch

Using this set up Terry would be able to create fun scenarios without having to worry about setting up to much of a backstory.

Vetinari's rival would have someone trying to prevent our main character from achieving their goal. Maybe the winner of the bet gets the job of Patrician while the loser is killed.

What do others think?
robhull1

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:45 am

Welcome to the site robhull1! :D

It's a nice idea, but I'm trying not to think about an end to Discworld. Although I have to say, the last couple of books have felt a bit like a winding down and tying up of loose ends. :?

Terry seems to have a lot of future projects, but nothing concrete on Discworld. So I guess we'll have to wait.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Perestroika » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:00 am

I got that feeling, especially when I read Snuff.

this would be an awesome one to do with lots of discworldy art....
Perestroika

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Welcome to the site robhull1, I hope that is not in the near future but neat idea though. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby LilMaibe » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Personally I'd still like to read about some of the countries/cities that to well WITHOUT AM meddling into their affairs
LilMaibe

Return to Terry Pratchett