Going Postal: The Perfect Moist

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Who should play Moist von Lipwig in a movie of Going Postal/Making Money?

Ewan McGregor
2
40%
Peter Andre!ha! ;-)
1
20%
I really couldn't think of anyone other than Ewan... sorry!
2
40%
 
Total votes : 5

Going Postal: The Perfect Moist

Postby Laura Finnegan » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Since the making of the Hogfather and The Colour of Magic, I started thinking of the perfect actors to play my favourite characters...

I really think Ewan McGregor would be a brilliant Moist von Lipwig!He'd have to change his accent a little though.... being from Uberwald....... but I suppose he's not supposed to have a very obvious accent anyway so he can blend in to the crowd....

anyway thats only my choice, what does everyone else think?

:D
Laura Finnegan
New member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi Laura and welcome to the site. :D

The only problem with Ewan McGregor playing Moist is that we know that Moist is supposed to be nondescript and forgettable. Do you really think that Ewan fits that category? :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29006
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:24 pm

Hello, Laura! Welcome!

I guess Evan would do the job quite good, but I think neither of them could really be Moist. Don't know who could, really.

I'll just wait and see, when Going Postal comes out. They usually have a very good cast.
User avatar
Cheery
Member
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 pm
Location: Switzerland

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Perhaps Jude Law??
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
User avatar
WannabeAngua
Member
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: Norway

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi Laura and welcome to the forum, it's been a bit too quiet for comfort from the Mob about Going Postal.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14870
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Laura Finnegan » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:00 pm

hey!thank you for all the welcome messages!that was really nice!

yeah see i had a conversation about this just earlier... is Ewan too good looking to be Moist?

oddly the guys opinion was yes, whereas i said no... :wink: (we were watching star wars at the time....)

peter andre was a joke! :wink:

okay we just came back from the hangover and we thing the guy who plays doug(the guy who's getting married)would be good...
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3586295808/tt1119646

definitely agree on jude law!

luke wilson?

roy from the IT crowd?

Paul Rudd?

Richard Hammond?ha!

what about Adora Belle Dearheart?

Helen Boham Carter? she's really good at playing cool characters...
Laura Finnegan
New member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:49 pm

I like Chris O'Dowd as Roy but he not sleazy enough.

But Matt Berry who played the boss Douglas Reyholm is. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14870
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Jason » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:23 am

OK, I've received official confirmation of who will play Moist but I am waiting confirmation that this information is generally available to the public.

There are some interesting casting choices of some quite well know actors.

As soon as I get the go ahead I will let you know.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
User avatar
Jason
Moderator
 
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: Reading - England

Postby Jason » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:37 am

Ok, here is is then. I've been given permission:

The latest cast list is as follows:

Richard Coyle – Moist Von Lipwig
David Suchet – Reacher Gilt
Charles Dance – Lord Vetinari
Claire Foy – Adora Belle Dearheart
Andrew Sachs – Tolliver Groat
Tamsin Greig – Miss Cripslock
Steve Pemberton – Rufus Drumknott
John Henshaw – Mr Pony
Madhav Sharma – Horsefry
Jimmy Yuill – Mr Spools
Ian Bonar – Stanley
Paul Barber – Dave
Adrian Schiller – Gryle
Daniel Cerquiera – Trooper
Ingrid BolsØ Berdal – Sergeant Angua
Kerry Shale – Mr Pump (voice)
Ben Crompton – Mad Al
Asif Khan – Sane Alex
Alex Parks – Roger
Sheila Shand Ginns – Old Lady


Note change of Vetinari - Charles Dance rather than Jeremy Irons.

A photo of Moist and a drawing of a Mountain Clacks tower can be seen at:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =711777792
Last edited by Jason on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
User avatar
Jason
Moderator
 
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: Reading - England

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:54 am

Jason wrote:Ok, here is is then. I've been given permission:

The latest cast list is as follows:

Richard Coyle – Moist Von Lipwig
David Suchet – Reacher Gilt
Charles Dance – Lord Vetinari
Claire Foy – Adora Belle Dearheart
Andrew Sachs – Tolliver Groat
Tamsin Greig – Miss Cripslock
Steve Pemberton – Rufus Drumknott
John Henshaw – Mr Pony
Madhav Sharma – Horsefry
Jimmy Yuill – Mr Spools
Ian Bonar – Stanley
Paul Barber – Dave
Adrian Schiller – Gryle
Daniel Cerquiera – Trooper
Ingrid BolsØ Berdal – Sergeant Angua
Kerry Shale – Mr Pump (voice)
Ben Crompton – Mad Al
Asif Khan – Sane Alex
Alex Parks – Roger
Sheila Shand Ginns – Old Lady


Note change of Vetinari - Charles Dance rather than Jeremy Irons.

A photo of Moist and a drawing of a Mountain Clacks tour can be seen at:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =711777792
Oh thanks Jason! :D I think Charles Dance will be just fine as Vetinari.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29006
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Jason wrote:Ok, here is is then. I've been given permission:

The latest cast list is as follows:

Richard Coyle – Moist Von Lipwig
David Suchet – Reacher Gilt
Charles Dance – Lord Vetinari
Claire Foy – Adora Belle Dearheart
Andrew Sachs – Tolliver Groat
Tamsin Greig – Miss Cripslock
Steve Pemberton – Rufus Drumknott
John Henshaw – Mr Pony
Madhav Sharma – Horsefry
Jimmy Yuill – Mr Spools
Ian Bonar – Stanley
Paul Barber – Dave
Adrian Schiller – Gryle
Daniel Cerquiera – Trooper
Ingrid BolsØ Berdal – Sergeant Angua
Kerry Shale – Mr Pump (voice)
Ben Crompton – Mad Al
Asif Khan – Sane Alex
Alex Parks – Roger
Sheila Shand Ginns – Old Lady


Note change of Vetinari - Charles Dance rather than Jeremy Irons.

A photo of Moist and a drawing of a Mountain Clacks tour can be seen at:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =711777792
Oh thanks Jason! :D I think Charles Dance will be just fine as Vetinari.


As long as he dies his hair black ;) lol
User avatar
The_Discworldaholic
Member
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 am

Postby Batty » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:28 pm

I agree. Charles Dance is a good choice, but he will need black hair.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:27 pm

welcome to the site laura :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8677
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Postby Laura Finnegan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:50 pm

thanks! :D your all so nice!

so when is going postal coming out?i can't wait!

:lol:
Laura Finnegan
New member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Laura Finnegan wrote:thanks! :D your all so nice!

so when is going postal coming out?i can't wait!

:lol:
Now that's something I don't know. Does anyone have any idea? :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29006
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests