Female watchmen

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:11 am

KarenM wrote:
The worst bit is I didn't think I had the name right but I asked my partner and he agreed with me!

K
Partners tend to do that. :wink:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:12 am

Jizburg wrote:haha just read something in Snuff.. Precious Jolson is a human woman ^^

http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Precious_Jolson
I read that last night myself. :wink:

The daft thing is that when I read Thud!, I assumed that they were talking about All Jolson and that he'd joined the Watch. This didn't make much sense knowing that he was such a successful businessman. :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby SimsKatie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Jizburg wrote:haha just read something in Snuff.. Precious Jolson is a human woman ^^

The name reminds me of Precious Ramotswe - I wonder if it's a reference.
SimsKatie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Wikipedia wrote:Also, she has a more than superficial similarity to a certain Roundworld detective in Botswana, who also has a very traditional body figure.

I wouldn't be at all surprised. :wink:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jizburg » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Tonyblack wrote:

I read that last night myself. :wink:

The daft thing is that when I read Thud!, I assumed that they were talking about All Jolson and that he'd joined the Watch. This didn't make much sense knowing that he was such a successful businessman. :D

i thouhht that they meant the old woman upp side down on the pole " she has the mussles on her of a troll i would swear it"
Jizburg

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:38 pm

So did I! :) Just goes to show that you need to pay attention when reading Pratchett.
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Maura:-D » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Oh I really need to get Snuff... I have them all up to Unseen Academicals... Well my dad does. Of the over forty Pratchett books we have in the house I think I own... ONE of them. Wyrd Sisters. Wait actually I don't own it yet cos he bought it on eBay for me and I haven't given him the money yet! :(

Anyway I like the books with females in it! Susan, and Agnes, the witches... I admit that in the other books they mostly have small roles, but there are books with leading females... :D
Maura:-D

Postby pip » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:24 pm

welcome to the site Maura :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Maura:-D wrote:
Anyway I like the books with females in it! Susan, and Agnes, the witches... I admit that in the other books they mostly have small roles, but there are books with leading females... :D
You're going to like Sybil in Snuff then. :D
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Maura:-D » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Yay!!
Maura:-D

Previous

Return to Discworld novels