Snuff Kindle eBook warning

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Snuff Kindle eBook warning

Postby sulka » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:29 am

See here: http://blog.vornaskotti.com/2011/10/17/ ... tts-snuff/

Would be interesting to hear what Sir Terry thinks about this.
sulka

Postby pip » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:04 am

Serves em right for buying kindles and such like :wink: :lol:

But we were aware of a few awful reviews on amazon based purely on the ebook quality which then reflected the books overall rating which would put some people off buying any format. Seems silly to let this happen. :evil:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby LilMaibe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:45 am

I'd rather say it serves them right for wanting something before everyone else and wanting to be snobby 'bout it.
LilMaibe

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:59 am

I'd rather say it serves them right for wanting something before everyone else and wanting to be snobby 'bout it.

The readers have no say in when a book is published, and Kindle readers get it made available to them on the same days as the paper book comes out.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:00 am

True as well :D
I was reading a few of the errors and it sounds like its basically the uncorrected proof :roll:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am

A copy of which I have, but have not delved yet.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 am

The Kindle or the Proof :shock:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby LilMaibe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:29 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:

The readers have no say in when a book is published, and Kindle readers get it made available to them on the same days as the paper book comes out.

I see. Apologies then
LilMaibe

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:36 am

pip wrote:The Kindle or the Proof :shock:

Un-proofed paper.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Vornaskotti » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:27 pm

LilMaibe wrote:I'd rather say it serves them right for wanting something before everyone else and wanting to be snobby 'bout it.

Hmh. As the writer of the blog post quoted here, I'd like to say that I didn't get Kindle because I'll get stuff before anybody else and want to be snobby, because:

1) Kindle-books don't get published before the paper books, often a bit afterwards.
2) I got a Kindle because I read 3-5 novels a month and travel a lot. I don't want to carry tons of paper with me on my trips, nor do I want to start stacking books at my home four deep on the shelves, which would be the next step. Furthermore, I don't want to have dead trees shipped overseas with great effort so I can read a book.

Snooty comment gets a snooty answer :)

--
Diver, gamer, geocacher, book geek, theremin player and a recovering hobbyholic
http://blog.vornaskotti.com/
Last edited by Vornaskotti on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vornaskotti

Postby LilMaibe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Vornaskotti wrote:

Why thank you, it's not as if I didn't already apologised for that statement.
LilMaibe

Postby DaveC » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Vornaskotti wrote:
LilMaibe wrote:I'd rather say it serves them right for wanting something before everyone else and wanting to be snobby 'bout it.

Hmh. As the writer of the blog post quoted here, I'd like to say that I didn't get Kindle because I'll get stuff before anybody else and want to be snobby, because:

1) Kindle-books don't get published before the paper books, often a bit afterwards.
2) I got a Kindle because I read 3-5 novels a month and travel a lot. I don't want to carry tons of paper with me on my trips, nor do I want to start stacking books at my home four deep on the shelves, which would be the next step. Furthermore, I don't want to have dead trees shipped overseas with great effort so I can read a book.

Welcome to the forum and way to stand up for yourself. :)

Those are mostly the reasons why I would like one if they were cheaper, I also love books a lot. :) I do lots of recycling so that's my counter, and I mostly buy used books.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Vornaskotti » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:39 pm

DaveC wrote:Those are mostly the reasons why I would like one if they were cheaper, I also love books a lot. :) I do lots of recycling so that's my counter, and I mostly buy used books.

I didn't even want to buy used books, since I want to pay the authors I like, whenever possible :) I was super suspicious of e-readers for a long time, having tried to read books on Palm pilots and such - the lcd screens just don't sit well with reading a novel for me. Here's actually some more about how I found ebooks and electronic comics:

http://blog.vornaskotti.com/2011/01/19/ ... r-a-while/

--
Diver, gamer, geocacher, book geek, theremin player and a recovering hobbyholic
http://blog.vornaskotti.com/
Last edited by Vornaskotti on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vornaskotti

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:50 pm

I believe there is an updated version now available on Amazon. :) and it was on Amazon.com the American site don't know if it was the same on the UK one.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Welcome to the site Vornaskotti

I held a Kindle this week.... thought they were going to make my BUY it cause I drooled so much over it. :lol:

OMG My little girl would gain so much from one..... noone told me they had "references" (meanings of words, historical references, etc) in the books. How wonderful for an AVID reader with a learning disability.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Next

Return to Latest books