Snuff *Warning Spoilers*

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Snuff *Warning Spoilers*

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:43 am

Once you've read, this is the place to discuss it. :wink:

If you haven't read it, then go no further.
Don't say you weren't warned!
Last edited by Tonyblack on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby DaveC » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:26 am

No picture of the book? :o :lol:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:31 am

:P :P :P
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:20 pm

That's you saying don't press this big red buttonTony. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Already, there are spoilers on TV Tropes.

I intend to read them anyway. I don't mind being spoiled, as I like to read anyway what happens. Even knowing what happens, the journey itself is more interesting than the ending. :)
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby LilMaibe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:50 am

Before I say anything: (As i am still waiting till my library gets it) Did I see it correctly that again the premise is not a big coincidence but again orchestrated by vetinari?

EDIT: Scratch that, read tvtropes.... came to the conclusion to NOT read snuff. Sorry, folks, but tvtropes made UA sound interessting...but THIS?! from what I read there and from samples I can as well raid the dvd-rental-store and have a seltzerberger-marathon.
LilMaibe

Postby Quatermass » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:51 am

LilMaibe wrote:Before I say anything: (As i am still waiting till my library gets it) Did I see it correctly that again the premise is not a big coincidence but again orchestrated by vetinari?

EDIT: Scratch that, read tvtropes.... came to the conclusion to NOT read snuff. Sorry, folks, but tvtropes made UA sound interessting...but THIS?! from what I read there and from samples I can as well raid the dvd-rental-store and have a seltzerberger-marathon.

Why? :?
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby LilMaibe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:15 am

Quatermass wrote:
LilMaibe wrote:Before I say anything: (As i am still waiting till my library gets it) Did I see it correctly that again the premise is not a big coincidence but again orchestrated by vetinari?

Scatalogical 'humour', holier than thou races, holier than thou communities (read and heard a few things by now, book acts as if NO BLEEPING city/country can do anything without AM showing them how to) holier than though characters, etc.

Sorry, but...well, the scene Rob read in sydney (i think it was) actually had me, as I couldn't help but imagining the part after 'and vimes died' as a monty python style animation, which is awesome. But then the other samples, bits and pieces etc came along and lost me again :(
It makes me plain sad (and angry to a degree) to see such things happen to and in the one series that TAUGHT me how to avoid just those things when writing :(
LilMaibe

Postby Quatermass » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:06 am

LilMaibe wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Scatalogical 'humour', holier than thou races, holier than thou communities (read and heard a few things by now, book acts as if NO BLEEPING city/country can do anything without AM showing them how to) holier than though characters, etc.

Sorry, but...well, the scene Rob read in sydney (i think it was) actually had me, as I couldn't help but imagining the part after 'and vimes died' as a monty python style animation, which is awesome. But then the other samples, bits and pieces etc came along and lost me again :(
It makes me plain sad (and angry to a degree) to see such things happen to and in the one series that TAUGHT me how to avoid just those things when writing :(

:(

I shouldn't have mentioned TV Tropes.

Anyway, you only have what they wrote about. If anyone can raise scatological humour to a higher form of humour, it'd be Terry Pratchett. :)

Quatermass

Postby LilMaibe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:18 am

Quatermass wrote:
:(

I shouldn't have mentioned TV Tropes.

Anyway, you only have what they wrote about. If anyone can raise scatological humour to a higher form of humour, it'd be Terry Pratchett. :)

Oh, no worries, would have read it sooner or later anyway (I am one of the people that can read a book/watch a movie even if I know the ending).
But frankly, from what I have read (from the book itself too) the attempt to rise it failed.

YMMV though
LilMaibe

Postby worshipdubya » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:57 pm

First thing I noticed after reading it

M
I
N
O
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Is this the first Discworld Novel that doesn't feature the character Death at all?
worshipdubya

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:06 pm

No, I think one of the Tiffany books doesn't have him in. And possibly one of the other books he only appears in someone's imagination. I can't remember which though. :?

Welcome to the site. :D
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:20 pm

How come Worship's post count is zero?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:35 pm

It's because the board was playing up at the time of posting. It does that sometimes. :?
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Modern technology, huh? :wink:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Next

Return to Discworld novels