After Snuff.....

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Inkmusic wrote:Hello, all.
Someone mentioned Moist for patrician at a Making Money signing, and Sir Terry was all like, "What?". So I think we're safe.
I had a dream once that Moist became Patrician, and he called himself "King Dragon". It was pretty weird, but Charles Dance was in it. :D(Nice siggy, Pooh! That excerpt was good, huh?)
Welcome to the site, Inkmusic! :D

Good news, but hardly surprising that Terry isn't thinking of making Moist the Patrician. The fact that someone has mentioned it probably means there's even less chance now. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Inkmusic » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Or *shudder* he's considering it now. I'd have to re-watch that video, if I can find the link.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness.
Inkmusic

Postby BatrickPatrick » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Wiizzzzaaaarrrrddds
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

I would like to see another witches book. While they were featured in the Tiffany Aching series which really developed their characters, I would like to see a book dedicated to them as their characters stand after the Aching series.
Ash

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:49 am

We need more Gaspode!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby LilMaibe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 pm

as apparently that one short wizards story is in snuff as extra... perhaps there's a hint that the next book ill be dealing with the poultry problem...
LilMaibe

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Yes but 'A Collegiate Casting-out of Devilish Devices' has been around for years, it just hasn't appeared in a paper based medium before so it's hardly a hint of something to come
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Just been on the Waterstones site and found this. :D

The Long Earth
by Terry Pratchett, Stephen Baxter
Format: Hardback 400 pages
Published: 21/06/2012
246 days until publication 8) Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby DaveC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:09 am

Cool, any synopsis yet? Now there's a date we should have a dedicated thread in this section. :D
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Just in time for the Discworldcon the month after. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby LilMaibe » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Come to think, if there'd be yet another wacth book, why not have vimes face a foe with whose view on the world Vimes actually agrees.
LilMaibe

Postby Tristan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:20 pm

I hope hope hope for another Death/Susan book!! As someone mentioned, we haven't had one in ages and I'm really starting to miss those characters. I also feel like Terry could still do so much with those characters (can't say the same about the Watch/AM).

Or something completely refreshing, with an all new set of characters, like Scouting for trolls. Who knows?

I'm not so sure what to make of Long Earth/Raising Taxes yet. We'll see.

And on a final note, I don't believe the Discworld will have a such a thing as a final book. I guess Terry will write a few more and at a certain point he'll (have to) stop. It's better that way. But for now he's not showing any signs of losing steam. :D
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby cabbagehead » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:27 am

Regarding Pratchett on not considering Moist for future Patrician: I'm actually disappointed (and hoping this was just Terry being coy). Because in MM Moist looks at Vetinari as a role model in matters of human manipulation. Also Moist is developing as a popular civil servant, but the challenge of doing something unpopular as getting the AM citizenry to actually do their part in supporting the public good by paying their taxes may be what he needs to progress from one who is in it for the challenge and adventure to one who is in it for the good of the city. And that transformation is a necessity for anyone with whom Vetinari would want to entrust his dear city.
cabbagehead

Postby cabbagehead » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:31 am

Young Sam is now of a suitable age to attend Susan's school. I'd love to see him coming home with tales from the history field trips. Alas, I doubt Pratchett will go there.
cabbagehead

Postby DaveC » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:46 am

cabbagehead wrote:Young Sam is now of a suitable age to attend Susan's school. I'd love to see him coming home with tales from the history field trips. Alas, I doubt Pratchett will go there.

I'd love that. :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books