Happy Fourth of July!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:52 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:Did you know that if you put some Marmite on top of the lid and hit it with a spoon for about 15 minutes it changes colour? It will eventually turn white :D

What caused you to hit marmite with a spoon for 15 minutes? Were you beating out a tune, or something, or was it after a late night drinking session? Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby kakaze » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:56 pm

You'd get the same response if you gave me blue cheese! Ewww, and I generally like cheese.

I have to agree with Cheery; very little tops peanut butter. At least, good peanut butter. The domestic stuff they've got over here tastes like creamed cardboard (which might actually be one of the ingredients)!

If you hit me with a spoon for 15 minutes I'll change color too! I'll also eventually turn white!
kakaze

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:17 pm

The Marmite turning white trick I heard from some bloke in the pub. It works! :D

Oh no! I feel a poll coming on! :P
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:21 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:The Marmite turning white trick I heard from some bloke in the pub. It works! :D

Oh no! I feel a poll coming on! :P

What I know is that marmite goes black and as hard as cement if it stands around too long with the lid off.
Cheery

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:46 am

poohbcarrot wrote:But you give some blue cheese to a Japanese person and you'll get the same response.

Aren't the Japanese lactose intolerant? I bet the response got worse later :shock:

I think I might have marmite intolerance. Mr Dotsie loves it. One morning just after breakfast he came up to me for a big snog - corr! I thought, till I realised he'd been eating marmite & just wanted to share the experience with me. Bleurghh! Nearly put me off him for good :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:55 pm

That's one of the best things about marmite. You can savour the taste for ages afterwards! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Ewww - that means it's like passive smoking! *retches* :x

Please don't feel free to enjoy the experience over and over! :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum