Snuff Canadian Release Date

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Snuff Canadian Release Date

Postby Morthorst » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:56 am

The UK date is Oct 11 and the US date is Oct 22 or so says Amazon. But the Canadian date is Nov 22, is there anyone here who has experience with this kind of thing that can give me an answer? Or if anyone associated with the Discworld novels even. Thanks very much fory our time.
Morthorst

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:38 am

Hi Morthost, in the UK it's the 13th it's published not the 11th with Amazon they give the date they think don't about the others depends on the publisher there.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:29 am

Hi there and welcome to the site. :)

According to Amazon, Snuff is being released on 11th October in the US and 13th in the UK. As you say, it's released on the 22 November in Canada. This happens sometimes with book releases for one reason or another.

Have you considered ordering from Amazon.com? The Americans are getting the same cover as we are this time around.

I buy Bernard Cornwell's books and his latest book, which came out a couple of days ago here, isn't out until next year in the US.

It's a publishing thing. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:16 am

Hi, Morthost, do what Tony suggests. Be the envy of other Pratchett fans over there! :lol: :wink:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Morthorst » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Well buying from amazon.com is definitely a possibility since our dollar is higher. But I'm not really upset at the difference in time what upsets me is how illogical it is that Canada who has obviously much closer ties to the British than the Americans (have you seen our money? The queen is on all of it!) get the book a month after them.

Clearly there is more to the issue than just distance but regardless it just seems so peculiar that companies who are victims of piracy would create a delay for something that doesn't need any kind of localization like a video game or movie.
Morthorst

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:01 pm

It's an odd one, isn't it? :?

The funny thing is that in the past, I've recommended that Americans (who wanted the Paul Kidby covers) got their books from Amazon Canada rather than spending a fortune on shipping. I wonder if they are holding out for a Christmas promotion. Maybe Terry is going to canada to launch the book.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Nooooooooo!

Is Australia supposed to wait too???? :shock:

I just presumed it was going to be a world wide release date. :cry:
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:03 pm

deldaisy wrote:Nooooooooo!

Is Australia supposed to wait too???? :shock:

I just presumed it was going to be a world wide release date. :cry:
You're ok, Del. It's released on Oct 13th in Australia. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Phew!

Well what the heck? Poor Canada! Its not right I tells ya.... Its just not right!

If they can release HarryWankerPotter simultaneously world wide.....?

Then again..... :evil: WE get Dr Who a week late!!!!!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby raisindot » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Well, you know, you Canadians are always a little behind on everything...

Great beer, though!

:D
raisindot

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:31 pm

raisindot wrote:Well, you know, you Canadians are always a little behind on everything...

Great beer, though!

Oi! You! Leave the Canadians alone! You DO know if you wear a Canadian T-Shirt when you travel and talk funny you get free beer right Raisin?
deldaisy

Postby raisindot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:55 pm

deldaisy wrote:
raisindot wrote:Well, you know, you Canadians are always a little behind on everything...

Great beer, though!

Oi! You! Leave the Canadians alone! You DO know if you wear a Canadian T-Shirt when you travel and talk funny you get free beer right Raisin?

Really? I got to try that sometime, eh? :)
raisindot

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Welcome to the forum,Morthorst.
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Return to Latest books