My Story: Dogcatchers

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

My Story: Dogcatchers

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 am

I just followed Tony's advice and started a thread on my story "Aurora".

As I said, in the own writings-thread, I have problems with continuing a story after I've done the beginnig :roll: , but hopefully, this one will go on for quite a while. :wink:

AURORA

My dearest friend

I have to apologize. I have not been honest with you. Everything, my past, my life, my family and friends, my home… It’s all a fantasy, created by myself. I’ve lied to you. I’ve lied. I didn’t trust anybody, not even you. And I am ashamed. I feel so guilty, so bad, because you are my only friend. And my only family. It was so foolish of me. I was so stupid.
Since I have left, I fight against the urge to come back to you. I want it so badly. But understand, it can’t be done. Every second I spend near you, I risk your death. I left, because I didn’t want them to hurt you.
My friend, I owe you much. And so I want to tell you my story. So you can understand.
And I beg you: Believe me, so I can forgive myself.
And maybe you will forgive me too.

In love
Aurora

Edit: further back is the actual story called Dogcatchers. This thread was about Aurora first, but it's not anymore. Thanks for reading, anyway! :D
Last edited by Cheery on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 am

I can sympathise about finishing a story. I was writing one based on the members (sort of - no names were ever mentioned) of the board I used to post on. There were lots of references to other books in there as well as a whole bunch of jokes that were board related.

I used to get really inspired to write more and then run out of steam and finally just gave up.

Good luck with this Cheery - I'm intrigued so far. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:51 pm

That's the thing with writing - even if you have the talent, the time and the energy you also need application/commitment - failing which a bloody good kick up the bum always helps :wink:

The kicking technique is possibly best self-administered as few people have kind enough friends prepared to do this for you, but it is a habit you can acquire if you're fast running short of money and imposing too much on said kind friends - who really ought to be doing the kicking since they're the ones paying for you all the time down the pub, coffee or cake shop... :twisted:

Cheery - I always like the letter method of dealing with narrative/disclosure as it does give it that personal touch. Aurora seems like quite a shady lady already so am looking forward to the next instalment :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:40 pm

I love to work with photoshop, so I did a title picture for this one:

Just for the info: I took the picture from the internet and added the text. Works pretty fast.

It may give you a hint on what it's about.

But I won't tell you yet. :twisted:
Cheery

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:09 am

If the eye was more green-yellow that could be my cat Loki (sadly no longer with us) :D

Well done for declaring photo sources too - Tony's gonna laugh like a drain now, but it is important as it can get you and the places you post it into trouble sometimes :o
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:If the eye was more green-yellow that could be my cat Loki (sadly no longer with us) :D

Well done for declaring photo sources too - Tony's gonna laugh like a drain now, but it is important as it can get you and the places you post it into trouble sometimes :o

Well, my thought was just that someone put lots of work in that picture and it would be unfair if everybody thought that I did it.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:50 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:If the eye was more green-yellow that could be my cat Loki (sadly no longer with us) :D

Image*

*Copyright Tonyblack. :P

Sorry for the interruption Cheery - Jan made me do it. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Cheery » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Sorry for the interruption Cheery - Jan made me do it. :wink:

Doesn't matter :) . I'm not writing at the moment. Doing a work-over on Vimes (and it's coming out rather good :) ). I'll post it later this afternoon.
Cheery

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Cheery wrote:I love to work with photoshop, so I did a title picture for this one:

Just for the info: I took the picture from the internet and added the text. Works pretty fast.

It may give you a hint on what it's about.

But I won't tell you yet. :twisted:

I don't come down here very often. Is anybody allowed to pretend to be "Dearest friend" and post a letter in reply to Aurora, or would that spoil the atmosphere?

Is the story about a gigantic black cyclops?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:02 pm

No, we are waiting for Cheery to post the next part of the story. The letter is the opener. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Cheery » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Tonyblack wrote:No, we are waiting for Cheery to post the next part of the story. The letter is the opener. :wink:

I'll try to do it today, don't know if I have the time.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:21 pm

No worries, Cheery - and no rush. Post when you're ready. :)
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Is it a musical?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Is it a musical?

Sshhhh, pooh :lol:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Sorry! I'll stick to the Broken Drum
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Next

Return to The Broken Drum