My Story: Dogcatchers

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

My Story: Dogcatchers

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 am

I just followed Tony's advice and started a thread on my story "Aurora".

As I said, in the own writings-thread, I have problems with continuing a story after I've done the beginnig :roll: , but hopefully, this one will go on for quite a while. :wink:

AURORA

My dearest friend

I have to apologize. I have not been honest with you. Everything, my past, my life, my family and friends, my home… It’s all a fantasy, created by myself. I’ve lied to you. I’ve lied. I didn’t trust anybody, not even you. And I am ashamed. I feel so guilty, so bad, because you are my only friend. And my only family. It was so foolish of me. I was so stupid.
Since I have left, I fight against the urge to come back to you. I want it so badly. But understand, it can’t be done. Every second I spend near you, I risk your death. I left, because I didn’t want them to hurt you.
My friend, I owe you much. And so I want to tell you my story. So you can understand.
And I beg you: Believe me, so I can forgive myself.
And maybe you will forgive me too.

In love
Aurora

Edit: further back is the actual story called Dogcatchers. This thread was about Aurora first, but it's not anymore. Thanks for reading, anyway! :D
Last edited by Cheery on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 am

I can sympathise about finishing a story. I was writing one based on the members (sort of - no names were ever mentioned) of the board I used to post on. There were lots of references to other books in there as well as a whole bunch of jokes that were board related.

I used to get really inspired to write more and then run out of steam and finally just gave up.

Good luck with this Cheery - I'm intrigued so far. :)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:51 pm

That's the thing with writing - even if you have the talent, the time and the energy you also need application/commitment - failing which a bloody good kick up the bum always helps :wink:

The kicking technique is possibly best self-administered as few people have kind enough friends prepared to do this for you, but it is a habit you can acquire if you're fast running short of money and imposing too much on said kind friends - who really ought to be doing the kicking since they're the ones paying for you all the time down the pub, coffee or cake shop... :twisted:

Cheery - I always like the letter method of dealing with narrative/disclosure as it does give it that personal touch. Aurora seems like quite a shady lady already so am looking forward to the next instalment :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:40 pm

I love to work with photoshop, so I did a title picture for this one:

Just for the info: I took the picture from the internet and added the text. Works pretty fast.

It may give you a hint on what it's about.

But I won't tell you yet. :twisted:
Cheery

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:09 am

If the eye was more green-yellow that could be my cat Loki (sadly no longer with us) :D

Well done for declaring photo sources too - Tony's gonna laugh like a drain now, but it is important as it can get you and the places you post it into trouble sometimes :o
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:If the eye was more green-yellow that could be my cat Loki (sadly no longer with us) :D

Well done for declaring photo sources too - Tony's gonna laugh like a drain now, but it is important as it can get you and the places you post it into trouble sometimes :o

Well, my thought was just that someone put lots of work in that picture and it would be unfair if everybody thought that I did it.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:50 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:If the eye was more green-yellow that could be my cat Loki (sadly no longer with us) :D

Image*

*Copyright Tonyblack. :P

Sorry for the interruption Cheery - Jan made me do it. :wink:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Cheery » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Sorry for the interruption Cheery - Jan made me do it. :wink:

Doesn't matter :) . I'm not writing at the moment. Doing a work-over on Vimes (and it's coming out rather good :) ). I'll post it later this afternoon.
Cheery

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Cheery wrote:I love to work with photoshop, so I did a title picture for this one:

Just for the info: I took the picture from the internet and added the text. Works pretty fast.

It may give you a hint on what it's about.

But I won't tell you yet. :twisted:

I don't come down here very often. Is anybody allowed to pretend to be "Dearest friend" and post a letter in reply to Aurora, or would that spoil the atmosphere?

Is the story about a gigantic black cyclops?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:02 pm

No, we are waiting for Cheery to post the next part of the story. The letter is the opener. :wink:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Cheery » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Tonyblack wrote:No, we are waiting for Cheery to post the next part of the story. The letter is the opener. :wink:

I'll try to do it today, don't know if I have the time.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:21 pm

No worries, Cheery - and no rush. Post when you're ready. :)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Is it a musical?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Is it a musical?

Sshhhh, pooh :lol:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Sorry! I'll stick to the Broken Drum
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Next

Return to The Broken Drum