Your Writings

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:41 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Looks like the next post overloaded the memory limits again...

Cheery - if you posted again after the letter to Aurora you need to break it down a little as the post window will only take so much information depending on how much you put on. It will take roughly 2 full single spaced pages (so a single sheet) of A4 in 1 go :wink: so try to do that and hopefully that'll hold and then the same again as many times as you need!

Hopefully this post'll break the freezing for p.9 so good luck with it :D

Got it. Thanks for the tip :D
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:51 am

:lol: No, yours wasn't, but some of the posts in this thread are very big and that seems to cause the software real problems that we are still experiencing. :)

We may have to try and post some of them on seperate threads and try to unjam the system.

But I think it's good advice for those members submitting stories to break them down into several seperate posts anyway. Not only does the software seem to prefer it, but it also makes it easier for other members, who don't have a lot of time, to read the stories in sections rather than trying to read the whole thing in one go.

I have to admit that I've neglected reading some of the stories because they were just too long to read in one sitting.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:52 am

:lol: I was responding to Cheery's post which she seems to have deleted while I was writing my response. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:54 am

Hey, where did my post go??

Anyway: What I sait before was: "It wasn't that big." (Just for those who are confused now.
Cheery

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:55 am

Tonyblack wrote::lol: I was responding to Cheery's post which she seems to have deleted while I was writing my response. :lol:

Does that happen often? I just went and looked at something else and suddenly my post disappeared!

edit: maybe it's got something to do with my computer. :?
edit: Or maybe it is because my cat just sat onto the keyboard.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 am

Cheery wrote:
Tonyblack wrote::lol: I was responding to Cheery's post which she seems to have deleted while I was writing my response. :lol:

Does that happen often? I just went and looked at something else and suddenly my post disappeared!

Oh, I thought you must have deleted it. I was responding to your post which I certainly saw, about your story not being very long. This thread is cursed I tell you! :shock:
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:01 am

It something called 'Flood Control' and like Tony says if it exceeds the post window memory size/limits then it slings the whole lot back at you - or deletes if you like.

The server basically refuses the post 'cos it's too big and keeps on doing it until you get it down to an acceptable size - it also stops you posting too many times in one session as well (like it'll only take 5 posts from your profile in 5 mins or some fairly small space of time)

I did see your "It wasn't that big." post on the thread if its any consolation. It may be best if you just try again later on this morning - maybe have a look at some of mspanners mega-posts to get an idea of how much can be accepted in one go :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:01 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Cheery wrote:

Oh, I thought you must have deleted it. I was responding to your post which I certainly saw, about your story not being very long. This thread is cursed I tell you! :shock:

Or maybe it really was the cat. They do strange things, I tell you. She once made my computer break down, because I left it running and she had a nap on the keyboard. Dunno why she likes it that much. :lol:

edit: we will never know............ :twisted:
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Bump
Tonyblack

Postby LilMaibe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Where was this thread when I started that fanfiction one :shock: I hate opening threads to a topic to which there already exists one :(
LilMaibe

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:34 pm

It happens ALL the time Lil.... don't stress dear.
deldaisy

Postby LilMaibe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Maybe we need a Fanart and Fanfiction subforum ...
LilMaibe

Postby unseenu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:42 pm

I wrote a discworld/doctor who crossover in which the Doctor and Rincewind travel through L-space in the BARDIS I described in the patent office thread.It can be read at this address: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6940934/1/Into_Lspace
Proof that L-Space exists in this universe

Fact 1:Heavier things distort time and space more
Fact 2:A page with ink on it is heavier than an unprinted page
Conclusion:A book distorts time and space more than blank papers
unseenu

Previous

Return to Games