That's not very philosophical

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Ogamis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 pm

It depends which side has the most butter on it

If there's something strange, and it don't look good, who you gonna call?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.
Ogamis

Postby Macarona » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:23 pm

118 :lol:
what makes you, you?
"'I believe you were an alcoholic sir Samuel'
'No,' said Vimes. 'I was a drunk you have to be richer than I was to be an alcoholic'"
The fifth elephant/The wit and wisdom of discworld
Macarona

Postby unseenu » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:34 pm

I didn't think I was you, I always thought I was me

does every block of stone contain all the sculptures it could possibly be made into? if so how do they all fit?
Proof that L-Space exists in this universe

Fact 1:Heavier things distort time and space more
Fact 2:A page with ink on it is heavier than an unprinted page
Conclusion:A book distorts time and space more than blank papers
unseenu

Postby Ogamis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Well have you ever played tetris? The stutues fit in just like that

Either that or they hold their breath

What killed Shrodinger's cat?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.
Ogamis

Postby unseenu » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Schrodinger,he later stood trail for animal cruelty,of course the jury had to look in the box to determine if the cat was really dead.

if you make a voice synthesiser say magic words does the spell still work?

unseenu

Postby Ogamis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm

i was going for curiosity... (get it? :D )

Anywy, as for the last question

it depends if you wish hard enough and how well you wave your chopstick around

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why does mark steel never finish his last letter?
Ogamis

Postby Ogamis » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Is anyone ever going to answer this?

If two people vote so, I will pose a new question.
Ogamis

Postby deldaisy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:28 pm

No idea about mark steel and his letter....... I should google it but can't be bothered...
Nice to see this thread up again though,
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Ogamis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:45 pm

i'll just ask, seeing as i'm overjoyed to finally have any form of response.

OK, recaping the game, a philosophical question to be answered mindlessly... Hm....

OK,

If a tree falls in a forest, and someone hears it, why should we beleive them?
Ogamis

Postby unseenu » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:28 pm

If you don't believe them ask to see the fallen tree as proof,if there's no evidence of it being cut with tools or machines,then it bloody well fell

What on earth complelled someone to first bash grain into a powder,mix it with water and hold it over a fire in the right order to make a filling but completely unnatural foodstuff?

unseenu

Postby Ogamis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:10 pm

(Is that a philsosophical question?)

NOOOOOOO!!!!!
I have just had to re-type this entire thing. I hope I can remember

Divine intervention.
It came to pass a long, long time ago, that the peoples of earth were becoming rude and inconsiderate and a bit too big for their boots. So the Lord in his infinte mercy prepared once again to smite them with terrible flooding and disease.
Then an angel came unto him and tried to explain the concepts of "preportional punishment" and prison sentances. And the Lord didst decree "Its worth a try I suppose. Bloody stupid idea though, if you ask me."
And so the Lord did speaketh to his people "Thou hast been very, very naughty, and for the next... say thousand years, yea shall only eat yea bread and yea water. And are not allowed to leave the confines of your planet"
And so the people cried unto the Lord "Lord, we know of this water, which your almighty divinityness was so kind as to consume our world with, and we have no wish to leave our planet, perfect as you have made it, but what is this bread of whch you speaketh"
And the Lord said "Damn. I hadn't thoughtust that far ahead. Well, its like this see. Take a bunch of, well, planty things, and crush them with yeast and water, oh yea, and cook gently, and there yea shall have bread!"
And there was much rejoicing over the new but rather dull foodstuff, and God was heard to remark "rather good idea of mine, that, wasn't it?"
Bread grew and prospered, and formed the basis of all modern religions- just look to the communion waffers. of all these religions, only the bread is the true path.
Bread was able to survive the brutal overthrow of rome by torteas, and the pancake takeover of Turkey, and even the Ertzats bread imposed by Germany during tthe world wars, and is still present even today...

And that, children, is where those annoying Warbeton's adverts come from

Which came first, the chicken or the rooster?
Ogamis

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

The chicken... then it grew up to be a rooster.

Why do shops that stay open for 24 hours a day have door locks?
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Ogamis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:55 pm

For the 6 other hours in a day that only shopkeepers experience while the rest of us are all secretly hypnotised and/or drugged

What can you do with a drunken sailor, what can you do with a drunken sailor, what can you do with a drunken sailor, early in the morning?
Ogamis

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear.... as someone who spent many years sailing.... and drinking when at anchor..... many times still drinking with other sailors as dawn came up early in the morning as dawn often does..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

... pretty much anything two consenting adults consent to...weather permitting :lol: :lol:

If you separate twin rabbits at birth... are you splitting hares?
deldaisy

Postby Ogamis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:47 pm

No, hares aint rabbits, and vice versa. what you are doing, sir, is a travesty, and i'll have the RSPCA on you, you mark my words!

Does a rose by any other name smell as sweet?
Ogamis

PreviousNext

Return to Games