Anne McCaffrey

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:23 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I have not read any of her books for a while, but my favorites were the Menolly books.
Actually, those were the first ones I read. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:28 pm

whitedragon was my favourite pern book, i like underdog books
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:23 pm

I believe I have actually read every single book Ms. McCaffery has written, even the one set in Ireland about horses. She is a wonderful author who has mentored in many great new authors, and I learned a lot about women learning to stand up for themselves, and how oppressed we have been in the past.

Edit: I did Not read any of the Acorna series past the third one. I forgot about them. They lost me when her people turned out to be jerks.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:50 pm

I have read & reread, most, if not all Anne McCaffrey's books also, Tina. I was hooked on her long before I discovered TP & Discworld. The Carradine Touch was the horse book. I wish she could have written more in that vein, but that was the only one.
Dragonflight was the first one I read. I have also read some of her son Todd's Pern books. His are good too.
I have the 'Legends' paperback, Tony.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books