Are you a Vimes or Carrot (Wo)man?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby jaeger » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:I adore Vimes.

Rincewind cracks me up.

Carrot, I can take or leave, though his loyalty to the Watch and to Angua cannot be faulted, and he's very useful in difficult situations!!

Fred and Nobby are sublime, as is, in his way, Vetanari.

I could go on for ages about all the characters, but I don't really think there's one I really can say that I dislike.

And as for Otto von Chriek and his reaction to flash photography.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with Bouncy Castle on almost all of the above quote accept the adoration of Vimes . . . He merely happens to be my favourite character of the two on offer.

And Otto's solution for his aversion to flash photography is sheer brilliance :lol:

I must say I've been having immense fun reading over older (well from the first page really) posts on this and other topics around the forum
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
User avatar
jaeger
Member
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 pm
Location: Nth Notts

Postby deldaisy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Be careful Jaeger.... when I first joined I read allllllll the posts... you know... get a feel for the place.... it took bloody days and by the time I had caught up they had posted another ten pages or started another 50 threads!

Fun though huh? :lol:

Just keeping up day to day is hard enough though.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
User avatar
deldaisy
Member
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby jaeger » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:11 pm

deldaisy wrote: . . . . it took bloody days and by the time I had caught up they had posted another ten pages or started another 50 threads!

Fun though huh? :lol:

Just keeping up day to day is hard enough though.
:lol: Absolutely :roll:

I try do the daily catching up between the in depth catching up Image
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
User avatar
jaeger
Member
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 pm
Location: Nth Notts

Postby Emberella » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:12 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Emberella wrote:I'd happily take either/both home.


"Home" as in to meet the parents?

or just...................... home! :wink: :?:


Carrot could come home and meet the parents.

Vimes could just come home. :wink:
(But he'd be leaving before breakfast.)
User avatar
Emberella
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:54 pm
Location: Essex

Postby deldaisy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Emberella wrote:
deldaisy wrote:
Emberella wrote:I'd happily take either/both home.


"Home" as in to meet the parents?

or just...................... home! :wink: :?:


Carrot could come home and meet the parents.

Vimes could just come home. :wink:
(But he'd be leaving before breakfast.)


True.... he's scoff all your bacon!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
User avatar
deldaisy
Member
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Emberella » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:23 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Emberella wrote:
deldaisy wrote:
Emberella wrote:I'd happily take either/both home.


"Home" as in to meet the parents?

or just...................... home! :wink: :?:


Carrot could come home and meet the parents.

Vimes could just come home. :wink:
(But he'd be leaving before breakfast.)


True.... he's scoff all your bacon!


Actually, I'm a vegetarian. He probably wouldn't be at all impressed. :lol:
User avatar
Emberella
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:54 pm
Location: Essex

Postby jaeger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Emberella wrote:Actually, I'm a vegetarian. He probably wouldn't be at all impressed. :lol:

If he's gotta leave before brekkie . . . I doubt he'd be bovverd :wink: :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
User avatar
jaeger
Member
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 pm
Location: Nth Notts

Previous

Return to Discworld novels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 0 guests