Anne McCaffrey

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:23 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I have not read any of her books for a while, but my favorites were the Menolly books.
Actually, those were the first ones I read. :)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:28 pm

whitedragon was my favourite pern book, i like underdog books
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:23 pm

I believe I have actually read every single book Ms. McCaffery has written, even the one set in Ireland about horses. She is a wonderful author who has mentored in many great new authors, and I learned a lot about women learning to stand up for themselves, and how oppressed we have been in the past.

Edit: I did Not read any of the Acorna series past the third one. I forgot about them. They lost me when her people turned out to be jerks.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:50 pm

I have read & reread, most, if not all Anne McCaffrey's books also, Tina. I was hooked on her long before I discovered TP & Discworld. The Carradine Touch was the horse book. I wish she could have written more in that vein, but that was the only one.
Dragonflight was the first one I read. I have also read some of her son Todd's Pern books. His are good too.
I have the 'Legends' paperback, Tony.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books