Undead:A discworld novel?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Undead:A discworld novel?

Postby unseenu » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:12 pm

I was randomly browsing that great repository of plot devices,TV tropes ,when I came across this bullet point on the page about harpoon guns:
tv tropes wrote:Terry Pratchett uses "bow-gonne" harpoon guns in the Discworld book Undead; the gonne (gun) is central to the plot in Men At Arms.

So has anyone heard of this book named Undead? is it perhaps a title change in certain countries? any information would be much appreciated
Proof that L-Space exists in this universe

Fact 1:Heavier things distort time and space more
Fact 2:A page with ink on it is heavier than an unprinted page
Conclusion:A book distorts time and space more than blank papers
unseenu

Postby LilMaibe » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:28 pm

might be a title from a different country, migth refer to the one diary with vampires IIRC
LilMaibe

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:46 pm

I suspect it's someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. There's no English DW book called Undead. :)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby archerinwood » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:22 pm

I agree with Tony. I have seen such mistakes a while back and I just pass them off as a mistake made by some who doesn't have a clue about discworld.
Please help by looking at my discworld stamp trading list: http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/ ... 80#p612380
archerinwood

Postby Australis » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:35 am

Which novel uses bow-gonnes? I know there's B&S crossbows in a few, and the gonne in MAA, but I can't recall a specific bow-gonne. I'll have a think about it.
I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of Heaven - Sir Pterry
Australis

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:42 am

I guess the bow-gonne is something like the device that Skimmer uses in Fifth Elephant. :?
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Australis » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:13 pm

I suppose Undead works as a novel title for TFE, if you focus on the werewolf aspect.
I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of Heaven - Sir Pterry
Australis

Return to Discworld novels