An Evening With Sir Terry Pratchett

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Here are Dotsie - have a go with this... Image or this... Image or this... Image
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby PoohKarrot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Um...Dotsie....why are you throwing a hissy fit? :? Are you actually reading what anybody writes in this thread? :shock: :shock:

Or did Muse play two gigs in Manchester last year, one at OT which was expensive and one in the Student Union that was cheap? :?

PoohKarrot wrote:How much were Muse in Manchester last September? :?

DaveC wrote:Probably a lot more :wink:

Dotsie wrote:Muse were a lot less than £35. And considering how long ago that was, it was a bargain (since I don't really get to go any more).

PoohKarrot wrote:Are you sure Muse were a lot less than 35 quid last year in Manchester. :?

PoohKarrot wrote:I found it! :D

"13 Nov 2009 – Muse Tickets. Muse have announced two massive stadium shows for summer 2010. ... Tickets go on sale from 9am next Friday (November 20) and cost £45 for Manchester and £45 to £65 in London."

Dotsie wrote:It wasn't a massive stadium show, which was at Old Trafford, it was in the student's union, because I COULDN'T AFFORD A MASSIVE STADIUM SHOW.

When you make people feel bad just to try and look clever, are you doing it deliberately, or are you just really thoughtless? Oh no, wait, you would never do that, how could I even suggest it?

Excatly what did I say wrong to merit that level of sarky response? :? :? :?
PoohKarrot

Postby Dotsie » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:05 am

So, after I said it was expensive, why did you post this:
PoohKarrot wrote:I don't think that 35 quid is expensive. :?
How much does a band cost to watch nowadays, or how much to watch MU play?

I bet MU cost more than TP and I know who I'd rather watch. :D

Who were you talking to if not me? What I spend my money on is none of your damn business.

If you can't be civil, just stay away from me.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Juken » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:39 am

I get to go for free as i work at The Theatre Royal, what luck! Wonder if Sir Terry will let me purchase a copy of Snuff straight from him. Would be great to hand sir terry a twenty pound note and thank him for his autograph :)
Juken

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 am

Juken wrote:I get to go for free as i work at The Theatre Royal, what luck! Wonder if Sir Terry will let me purchase a copy of Snuff straight from him. Would be great to hand sir terry a twenty pound note and thank him for his autograph :)
I had a dream last night that I got given a copy of Snuff. :D

Enjoy the event and let us know about how it went.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Juken wrote:I get to go for free as i work at The Theatre Royal, what luck! Wonder if Sir Terry will let me purchase a copy of Snuff straight from him. Would be great to hand sir terry a twenty pound note and thank him for his autograph :)

Lucky wositsname :wink: :D
spideyGirl

Postby PoohKarrot » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Dotsie wrote:If you can't be civil, just stay away from me.

You got a deal. I'll stay away from you and you stay away from me.
PoohKarrot

Postby Dotsie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Feel free to have the last word though :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett