Explaining your avatar and/or signature.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 pm

This is one that Jenn, the artist did for me. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Colin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:04 pm

I like that one Tony ... it's so ... erm ... Welsh ... :lol:
Second Grumpy Old Man.
Colin
Grumpy old man

Postby Jeannie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 am

Mine reminds me of a werewolf character I play in a RPG...not that I have any sort of obsession with werewolves...uh-uh not at all :D
Jeannie

Postby igorbeathty » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 am

At the moment my avatar is of Digger, the London Irish rugby club mascot. He's at all the home games and can be a great character. Has been known to be entertaining than the match.......

My sig is a sticker I have in the back window of the Beathty Bus. Can be interesting seeing people's reactions sometime.
igorbeathty

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:14 pm

igorbeathty wrote:At the moment my avatar is of Digger, the London Irish rugby club mascot. He's at all the home games and can be a great character. Has been known to be entertaining than the match.......

My sig is a sticker I have in the back window of the Beathty Bus. Can be interesting seeing people's reactions sometime.

I'm not seeing a sig there Igor? :?
Tonyblack

Postby Blackwolfdreaming » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:29 pm

Jeannie when you like werewolves, obsession is to small a word the interest :twisted: v""""V :twisted:
Have you ever noticed that, just when you think your shot is about to sail into the back of the net, some one moves the goal posts
Blackwolfdreaming

Postby BlackAssassin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:25 am

My avatar is smurfette - coz I love the smurfs ...... always wondered how come so many smurfs were created with only one female though ,,,, hmmm

and my signature is the title of my husbands future biography !
You can't stop stupid
BlackAssassin

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:01 am

BlackAssassin wrote:My avatar is smurfette - coz I love the smurfs ...... always wondered how come so many smurfs were created with only one female though ,,,, hmmm

Watch Donnie Darko - everything about Smurfette is explained there. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Jinx » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am

Tonyblack wrote:
BlackAssassin wrote:My avatar is smurfette - coz I love the smurfs ...... always wondered how come so many smurfs were created with only one female though ,,,, hmmm

LOL

Which theory is right though? (Notice how I am avoiding blond jokes)
Jinx

Postby Toothy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 pm

My avatar is a drawing of the Tooth Fairy by a talented artist called Sarah Mensinga who kindly agreed I could use it. Thank you, Sarah!

My old signature was a quote from Douglas Adams which reflects my less than perfect time-keeping. :D However, my new signature is something I saw on the noticeboard in my station coffee shop. :)
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby BlackAssassin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:31 am

Tonyblack wrote:

Oh I tried to watch that once but it was so weird.... :)
You can't stop stupid
BlackAssassin

Postby ColinEdwards » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:07 am

One day I will work out how to make an avatar, but its way down my To Do list, futher down than meetings with accounts and legal stuff :shock: .

My signature is a quote from Nation. An absolutely terrific read and an inspiration in that the darkest hour is always just before the dawn.

Right now I feel like everything has been taken away, so hopefully I will get something back. Eventually. Maybe.

In the meantime I am looking for new horizons, and trying not to turn my back on all that I have helped build in the past, and the many friends I have made in the process.

PS: If I had an avatar it would probably be my daily inspiration - a blank sheet of paper.
When much is taken, something is returned.
ColinEdwards

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:20 am

ColinEdwards wrote:One day I will work out how to make an avatar, but its way down my To Do list, futher down than meetings with accounts and legal stuff :shock: .

My signature is a quote from Nation. An absolutely terrific read and an inspiration in that the darkest hour is always just before the dawn.

Right now I feel like everything has been taken away, so hopefully I will get something back. Eventually. Maybe.

In the meantime I am looking for new horizons, and trying not to turn my back on all that I have helped build in the past, and the many friends I have made in the process.

PS: If I had an avatar it would probably be my daily inspiration - a blank sheet of paper.

I hope you are right Colin. Love the quote from Nation and I'm really looking forward to it coming out.
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:25 am

BlackAssassin wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:

Oh I tried to watch that once but it was so weird.... :)

It's a great movie - not the easiest to understand but definitly worth the effort to watch it right through - and the music is pretty special too. :wink:

I won't post a link to the scene I'm referring to, but if you go to YouTube and search "Donnie Darko Philosophizes the Smurfs" you should find it. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Jarmara » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 am

Scandic Nac Mac Feegle?
Contains Strong Language, Fantasy Violence and Mild Peril

Image The Sunshine Sanctuary says - Click to keep the dragon alive!
Jarmara

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum