Volume Control... AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:01 am

Tiffany wrote:She has still got her C/Hing on as well, :roll: but that's going off topic. :D

ok, what is C/Hing?
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:08 am

I think that's central heating. Sounds like my mother. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:54 am

Ahh, I have read that the older we get the less our bodies can regulate our temperature. Depending on the metabolism, you can feel cold, even if it is warm outside.

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Batty » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Straw Walker wrote:Many of the commercial channels now seem to pad out the adverts with 'in house' previews to increase the break length up to five minutes. :x

I once timed the adverts/breaks during a CSI programme, as I was becomming increasingly annoyed that the channel would show the opening 5 minutes of the programme, and then - before the opening credits had rolled - go to an ad break.
Considering that the programme is listed as being on the screen for an hour, I timed the programme as actually only lasting for 38 minutes. The resulting 22 minutes were promos and adverts.
I did complain as the maximum amount of advertising permitted in an hour is 14 minutes, but the 8 minutes 'over-run' was classed as 'promotion of forthcoming programmes'. Which to me is nothing more than another name for an advert!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby bikkit » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Sometimes I'm lulled into a quiet daydream whilst watching a nature documentry and then, ripping through my chain of thought come the words 'DON'T SHOP FOR IT, ARGOS IT!' Whatever that means.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:49 pm

I once telephoned a freephone number of a product that was being advertised on radio. I told the sales person that their adverts had annoyed me so much that there was no way I'd buy their product however cheap it was! :D

I don't suppose it made them stop advertising it, but it made me feel good.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:59 pm

WeeKelda wrote:'DON'T SHOP FOR IT, ARGOS IT!' Whatever that means.

You send a bunch of warriors out ın a boat, protected by a goddess, to fight mythical creatures just to bring you your christmas shoppıng. Whıch is much better than going ınto shops to fight for it yourself.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tiffany » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I think that's central heating. Sounds like my mother. :roll:

Yes, Tony & her house is like an oven. I tend to fall asleep there, but so does Mum. :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby superfurryandy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:50 am

Batty wrote:
Straw Walker wrote:Many of the commercial channels now seem to pad out the adverts with 'in house' previews to increase the break length up to five minutes. :x

I once timed the adverts/breaks during a CSI programme, as I was becomming increasingly annoyed that the channel would show the opening 5 minutes of the programme, and then - before the opening credits had rolled - go to an ad break.
Considering that the programme is listed as being on the screen for an hour, I timed the programme as actually only lasting for 38 minutes. The resulting 22 minutes were promos and adverts.
I did complain as the maximum amount of advertising permitted in an hour is 14 minutes, but the 8 minutes 'over-run' was classed as 'promotion of forthcoming programmes'. Which to me is nothing more than another name for an advert!

C4/More4 do the same with West Wing - each ep is 40 minutes long yet they have an hour long slot.
superfurryandy

Postby bikkit » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:40 pm

You send a bunch of warriors out ın a boat, protected by a goddess, to fight mythical creatures just to bring you your christmas shoppıng. Whıch is much better than going ınto shops to fight for it yourself.

Had to think of an excuse for my sudden outburst of laughing! :lol:

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Dotsie wrote:
WeeKelda wrote:'DON'T SHOP FOR IT, ARGOS IT!' Whatever that means.

Oh yeah, I love it. Jason and the Argonauts as holiday shoppers... Definitely much safer than heading out to the malls. :wink:

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre