Talent.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Talent.

Postby Straw Walker » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Just occasionally you see something that is beyond words. This young Ukranian lady has an amazing talent. The reaction of the audience says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHX0bgoouc
I think the answer lies in the soil, ooo arrr!
Straw Walker

Postby Tiffany » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Absolutey Amazing, Straw Walker. All done with sand too. Incredible!
Was that show like our Britians Got Talent?
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Straw Walker » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:17 pm

I think so Tiffany. So much better than all those pop singers :)
Straw Walker

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:43 pm

That was amazing Straw Walker you had to watch it all because of the changes. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby cols » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Pure Talent!Really enjoyed that :D
cols

Postby Batty » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:36 pm

That was wonderful. The girl is extremely talented!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Stunning - and so originally staged. We have far too many damned singers as it is and this is something that the performer has to be consistently creative - how the hell she got all the detail on and worked it in with what was coming next and all in time with the music too. Absolutely stunning :cry:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 am

Was very nicely done and beautiful, but I wish I knew all the significance of it I think I would have gooten more out of it.

Seemed to moved a lot of people in the audience.

WONDERFUL!
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

There's a TV ad using the same technique, can't remember what they're selling though :?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Then it's a crap ad but a nice piece of visual art :lol: I know the one you mean though and I can't remember what it's for either... :lol:

Sand's a really beautiful meduim for 'painting'. When I was studying for my graphics degree I went to the Royal Academy to see an Exhibition for 'The Art of Tibet' which was really wonderful with gorgeous colours, mostly with textiles but they had several monks there 'performing' live over a huge low table with coloured sands and that was similar but done in silence (well the monks were anyway) was really tranquil and the abstracts they made were stunning - watched them for over an hour.

Having talent thankfully isn't all about the show and making a song and dance about it all :twisted:

Often true art is only about what come's from inside of you, the sort that mattersat least, and I expect that's why the crowd was so moved there - something about 1946 wasn't it at the end so I'm assuming it was some kind of national tragedy after WW2? :(
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:I went to the Royal Academy to see an Exhibition for 'The Art of Tibet' which was really wonderful.... they had several monks there 'performing' live over a huge low table with coloured sands and that was similar but done in silence

They were History monks. Was Lu-Tze there? :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:42 pm

I think there was one actually.. :lol: He kept disappearing and then reappearing in a different part of the gallery - no Yetis though :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Straw Walker » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Often true art is only about what come's from inside of you, the sort that matters at least, and I expect that's why the crowd was so moved there - something about 1946 wasn't it at the end so I'm assuming it was some kind of national tragedy after WW2? :(

I think that it is the combination of the performance, the story and the pictures themselves that made this special for me.:)

The story is the old one about lovers separated by war, the child is born while daddy's away but he returns home safely but I wish I knew more about the underlying story that produced the tears from the audience.
Straw Walker

Postby Conspiracy Theory » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:40 am

Wow!

What else can be said?

I've linked that display back to my first adventure into boardland in hopes that even hearts that have turned to stone can somehow still feel.

Thank you.
Conspiracy Theory

Return to The Broken Drum