New Discworld audio book dates?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

New Discworld audio book dates?

Postby mspanners » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Recall reading somewhere here that Terry's next book should be hitting the shelves in the near future, how long before the Audio Book get a release?

I joined an on line book club a while ago ( although I will still be getting the Hard back ) and wonder when or if Stephen Briggs will be doing the next one...... :)

Been listening to Discworld novels whilst decorating the House, makes the boring work tolerable !!
mspanners

Postby bogieman » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:07 am

It's nearly always the abridged version that comes out first and they are usually read by Tony Robinson. It can be quite a while before the unabridged version comes out :cry:

Saying that I imported an American unabridged version of making money long before it was released in the UK.
bogieman

Postby mspanners » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks for the info mate, I will wait for the unabridged version to down load from my audio book club... not convinced about Tony Robinson's abilities as a reader........ Stephen Briggs is much better than Him at creating life in the books. :)
mspanners

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:42 pm

I've had some luck with getting the unabridged audio books from the library. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby mspanners » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:16 pm

I like to have a book playing in the back ground when I am doing things around the house and if I borrowed a book from the Library they will end up giving me a fine for non return ! :shock:

The book club costs £15 a month, this allows me two titles to download.... £7.50 each is ok by me! And I can keep them for ever and the site has an on line library of my books so if I have a crash they are already backed up. 8)

But thanks for the info anyway.... :D
mspanners

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Here in the States the audio book (unabridged) always comes out the same time as the hardcover. I use Audible.com to download my audio books. Sometimes iTunes copies are not always up to spec with the volume. Some tracks are louder than other and some softer. My Night Watch I have to have it at max volume to hear some of it.

So use Audible.com and you should get it right away.
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby mspanners » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:08 pm

I use audible.co.uk, so may be lucky and get it on day of release..... do the US books have Stephen Briggs doing the reading?

He is very good, just slightly behind Nigel Planer as my favorite reader and leagues ahead of Tony Robinson and Celia Imrie ! :shock:
Last edited by mspanners on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mspanners

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:10 pm

mspanners wrote:I use audible.co.uk, so may be lucky and get it on day of release..... do the US books have Stephen Briggs doing the reading?

He is very good, just slightly behind Nigel Plane as my favorite reader and leagues ahead of Tony Robinson and Celia Imrie ! :shock:
I've got the US version of Thud! as an audiobook and Stephen Briggs is indeed reading it. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby bogieman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Yep most of mine are Audible dot com and Stephen Briggs but they cant release it over here till the rights have been opened up in the UK so even although it is out in the states it may not be downloadable here.
bogieman

Return to The Broken Drum