Latest Discworld Purchase...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Latest Discworld Purchase...

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 am

While wandering around a local shopping centre (waiting to do a job interview), I found that the Borders store there was closing down, and that they had 60% off all books. They had two Discworld items that I didn't have, The Discworld Almanack, and the Death's Domain map. Having read the Death's Domain map when it was available at my local library years back, I chose to get the Almanack. It has an RRP of $38 (Australian), but I got it for about $15. :D
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5657
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:25 am

Good discount :)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
User avatar
The Mad Collector
Member
 
Posts: 10194
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am
Location: Ironbridge UK

Postby pip » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 am

Now its time to get the rest of the diaries :wink:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:11 am

Hey hey, what's this about a job interview? Don't just skip over that part mister! What was it for? Did it go well? When will you know?

Also, congrats on the book bargain :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
User avatar
Dotsie
Member
 
Posts: 9413
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:15 am

Dotsie wrote:Hey hey, what's this about a job interview? Don't just skip over that part mister! What was it for? Did it go well? When will you know?


It's for an electronics retailer. I have no idea how well it went, only that I did as best as I could. However, I will find out soon. Meanwhile, I have more volunteer work at the Bookfest to consider, this time, on the Gold Coast.

Dotsie wrote:Also, congrats on the book bargain :D


As Nanny Ogg would say in her notion of foreign languages, "Grassy ass" :)
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5657
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:34 am

Good find. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14875
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby hattie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:40 pm

I just bought Eric. The British Bookshop in Vienna is closing down and they had to get rid of all their books...so sad. Well...it's the first book that's made me like Rincewind. :-)
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat.
User avatar
hattie
Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:22 pm
Location: Austria

Postby Tiffany » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Good luck, Quatermass for your job & good bargain too.
Best wishes,
Tiff
User avatar
Tiffany
Member
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 am
Location: Devon

Postby meerkat » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 am

hattie wrote:I just bought Eric. The British Bookshop in Vienna is closing down and they had to get rid of all their books...so sad. Well...it's the first book that's made me like Rincewind. :-)


WELCOME Hattie! 36+ books,maps etc to go! :lol: :wink:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
User avatar
meerkat
Member
 
Posts: 13475
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 pm
Location: Wilberfoss East Riding Yorkshire

Postby Quatermass » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:31 am

Tiffany wrote:Good luck, Quatermass for your job & good bargain too.


The job went nowhere. Too many applicants, and I didn't have enough experience to put me in front of the pack. :(

I f***ing hate being unemployed.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5657
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Postby Tiffany » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:10 am

Quatermass wrote:
Tiffany wrote:Good luck, Quatermass for your job & good bargain too.


The job went nowhere. Too many applicants, and I didn't have enough experience to put me in front of the pack. :(

I f***ing hate being unemployed.


So very sorry to hear that, Quatermass, but don't give up. Somewhere out there is the right job for you. My Son was out of work for over a year, after being made redundant, but he found one eventually.
Best wishes,
Tiff
User avatar
Tiffany
Member
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 am
Location: Devon

Postby Quatermass » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 am

Tiffany wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Tiffany wrote:Good luck, Quatermass for your job & good bargain too.


The job went nowhere. Too many applicants, and I didn't have enough experience to put me in front of the pack. :(

I f***ing hate being unemployed.


So very sorry to hear that, Quatermass, but don't give up. Somewhere out there is the right job for you. My Son was out of work for over a year, after being made redundant, but he found one eventually.


I've been out of serious work for years. Most of the work I get, if at all, is casual. Never long term.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5657
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am


Return to Discworld novels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests