On Dreams ~ Rubbing out Toontown Whodidit?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

On Dreams ~ Rubbing out Toontown Whodidit?

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Clickie on image to go to the Discworld forum on DreamWorlds

Usual forum version of 'Werewolf' (Gawping allowed & up to 3 votes per day phase), this time themed for another romp with the Elves in Lancre but we'll be doing this on DreamWorlds as several of you regular Werewolfers have joined up (we welcome new members too - the ambience is similar to this forum as it's run by me, MeerKat and Sjoerd to name a few :wink: )
Further details of the game, players, cast and gameplay HERE

And while we're at it here's something that might be of interest to Tolkien fans...

We're having a discussion come trivia quiz on the The Hobbit over there as well (click on the piccie or HERE)
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm in! Sounds like fun!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:03 pm

:P Hope so - we have a killer witch as well as a witch killer this time :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes, the rules look interesting and it'll be a quicker game too!
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Especially if we don't get up to the magic 7 players - still we have 4 people signed up so over the 50% capacity on a slow Sunday :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Archer - thanks for registering! :D I'll get you activated as soon as the site comes back online again - our hosts are upgrading the servers this week so we're down for no more than a half hour with luck :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Have we got to seven yet?
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Up to 5 now (you, Sjoerd, DJ, Willem and SimStars) but Archerinwood registered yesterday and I couldn't get him activated before bedtime (I think) so we may be up to 6 potentially later on :D

Hows about some of you new chaps - do any of you like to Mafia/Assassin/Werewolf? :D Our version's quite good fun and this time around we're having a vigilante killer on the cops side (although I may put some mitigators on that as it could get a little indiscriminate having 2 hits per night phase especially if we're grubbing around to get to minimum participation... :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 pm

'Kay - we're up to 6 peeps so room for at least 1 more person and here's another teaser on our cruel and unusual dynamics for this game... 8)

The Elves
Lord 'Long' Lankin ~ The Queen's favourite Elf-man and one-man serial killer in this game. This tall stylish psychopath will kill every night phase and although he can work with his Queen, he has the final say on who gets elf-shot - in other words he can choose his own target, however miffed his Lady might get with him... :twisted:

The Queen ~ In this game she'll be a 'blocker' and so she will be trying to find the Witches to stop them using their powers to kill, or to investigate her or Lord Lankin. In regular Mafia this role is known as a LONA as she keeps the opposition distracted whilst she's 'entertaining' them... :D

The Witches
Granny Weatherwax ~ In her day job as top Headologist in the Ramtops, or indeed, the Disc, Granny's role in this is known as the 'Psychiatrist' whose task is to render Lord Lankin harmless. Easy Peasy for Lancre's top Witch and so her role is a protective one for the non-killers (including the Queen regrettably), but is only 'investigative' in the absence of a night kill... If she finds the murderous Lankin his killing power will be removed for the rest of the game and so leave him vulnerable to targetting by Granny's sidekick...

Nanny Ogg ~ don't be fooled by the earthiest earth mother act - she can be the other type of 'mother' when need arises, and when there are Elves about witches can't afford to put on kid gloves. They get down and dirty! Nanny's role is known as 'the Vigilante', so she's got the ability to go gonneing for Lord Lankin at any time. Day or Night! But there's a catch, because witches have to be disciplined naturally. :wink: She only gets to kill twice and if she uses one shot during the day she cannot shoot the following night - or vice versa. So think very carefully before you start shooting, Nanny - and listen to your Granny! :lol:

Oh - and if Nanny does decide to kill during the day phase, the lynch goes ahead as planned too so be very careful who you're targetting, because you may find you don't get to make all your votes if you pick on the wrong person to kick out of the game... I'm afraid this game is going to be very prickly for everyone! :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 am

Seems to me the rules get more complicated every time Jano hosts it :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:17 am

Well some people are getting better at it that's why... :P It's only more complicated for the special roles in that they have to consider the rules - the innocents just have to watch out for levels of gobbiness and who's dissing who as usual... :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Beautiful Dirt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 am

What the Disc is THAT shape in the picture :?: :shock:
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. H. L. Mencken
Beautiful Dirt

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:36 am

They're supposed to be round and long 'tumuli' earthworks but they didn't look... prominent enough without the Cerne Abbas Giant pasted in on top of them :twisted:

In Lord and Ladies the entrance to the King of the Elves part of Faeryland was in the Long Man barrows - a long earthwork with 2 round barrows at one end... :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:45 am

Far too complicated for me to understand. I only have a little brain. :(
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

Round objects! :lol: You can use your usual MO and just go around shooting your mouth off still - and don't tell me you're scared of a couple of Elveses? :twisted: So far we have no creationists signed up (that I know of) so perhaps it just won't be exciting enough for you? :P

Anyway - we have 7 players now so any more participants are welcome to come over and join up until we start tomorrow noonish (when I get up anyway :wink: ) after that you can just read the to and fro - or gawp if you still want to post :D
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to Games