Going Stateside

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Going Stateside

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 am

Tony I have been trying to find your post about the new regulations before flying out can you please post it up again. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Took me a while to find it myself. :wink:

Since 12 January 2009, UK travellers to the US under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP), which allows most British Citizen passport holders to visit for up to 90 days without a visa, have required an authorisation via the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) prior to boarding a carrier to travel by air or sea to the US. Travellers can register for authorisation online through the ESTA website at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and are advised to do so at least 72 hours prior to travel. See the Entry Requirements section for more details.

Basically, you'll need to go online to the address in the quote and register your details there. Make sure you get a copy of the number they give you - print the page and keep it with your documents is best.

You'll still need to fill out a Visa Waiver form and Customs form that they'll give you on the plane and you need to get through Immigration.

They'll staple the Visa Waiver into your passport - DON'T lose it! And make sure they remove it on your outward trip as, in theory it can cause all sorts of problems. :D

If you have to make a connecting flight when you get to the US, make sure you leave yourself plenty of time as going through Immigration and Customs can take quite some time. I speak from experience here. :lol:

Hope that helps - if you need any more advice, let me know here and I'll try and help.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:15 pm

<Took me a while to find it myself.>
I know the felling some times must be the chilly weather we just had. :lol: :lol: .

Thanks a lot Tony about the stub left over in the passport that happended to me last year going through Denver but did not cause a problem he just took it out, will make sure this time it is out.

Getting a direct flight less hassle for not a lot more money. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to The Broken Drum