September Travel Plans- for US DW Con

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

September Travel Plans- for US DW Con

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 am

Since the time of the US DW Con is fast approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to see if people are traveling the same airline, bus line, boat line, hitchhiking down/ over/ up to Tempe, AZ in September?

Wouldn't it be great if we have a plane full of US DW Con'ers! What would the stewards'esese think of us? :lol: :lol:

Since I started the topic I will put out what I am doing.

I will leaving Sept 3rd from Boston (5:45) to Cincinnati, OH and after a brief layover (leaving at 9:08 local time)I will be heading down to Tempe, AZ arriving at 9:58 local time.

So will anyone be joining me on any leg of my journey?
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby kakaze » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 am

I can't find any information about it.

Is there a webpage?
kakaze

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:06 am

Exp. Date, the rat

Postby kakaze » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Oh, I'd really like to go, but I don't know if I'll be able too.

Is anyone from the Pacific Northwest planning to go?
kakaze

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 am

Just waiting on membership exchange confirmation then the plan is to fly out from Heathrow on the 1st and back on the 8th. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:36 am

It will be great to meet you!

I can't believe it is just over two months away! Since they announced this Con in 2006 (if I remember correctly) I have had the week blocked off! It seemed so far way and now it's just a few weeks away!

:shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:

What a time it will be! I will miss my family, granted. haven't taken a vacation by myself in YEARS and haven't been without the kids for more than a day or two! So it will be strange to be gone almost a full week!

I am going to work on August 30, will see them on the 31st when they get picked up by my wife and I work until Wednesday morning and will be staying at my parents house in Quincy which is about a 10 min drive from Logan airport. Since I will be up all night Tuesday night and most of Wednesday to get back into the flow od that whole day/ night thing it will be a waste to drive the 1.5 hours home and then back really early Thrusday morning.

What a time it will be! Now just need to save my pennies to get lots of goodies while I am there!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Hey thanks, once you get into the swing of things you may feel guilty about not thinking of them. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby WannabeAngua » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:08 pm

You lucky, lucky b******s! *turning green with envy*
Can't possibly get away myself :( :o
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Whaaaaaaaah!! :cry: :cry: :cry: I am too broke to go. I hope you will all have a good time though. I am jealous... :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:36 pm

It was a touch and go thing for me, then it came together oh happy days but I will miss the Irish one though and the German one. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 pm

WannabeAngua wrote:You lucky, lucky b******s! *turning green with envy*
Can't possibly get away myself :( :o
You have been watching to far too much Monty Python. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby rentawitch » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:14 am

also missing German and Ireland but will be off to Arizona on 1st September and back on 11th.

Alice Cooper's restaurant anyone?
Cabowabo margueritas!!

Phoenix is a wonderful place and there is a lot to see in a day's driving :) Sedona, Tucson, Tombstone.....
I love my computer, all my friends live in it.
rentawitch

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:55 pm

<Alice Cooper's restaurant anyone? > I did not know he had one in Pheonix might be worth a look, old snakes don't die they just end up as steaks wonder if they play Poison in the background. Image
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:28 am

I'll be flying in on the 4th and out on the 7th. Wasn't sure I'd be able to swing it either, but it's all worked out. :D I would love to go sightseeing if anyone's going over those days. But if not, I'll be happy just to be at the events for the weekend.
Catch-up

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:53 am

I will be sneaking out a few times sinc Kim got me Sonics (hamburger joint) gift cards. I love the burgers from there. Everytime we go to Utah I always go for some food. Unfortunately... or Fortunately for me! They do not have these in the Northeast. So I get a special treat for myself! You guys can come with me if you want!
Exp. Date, the rat

Next

Return to The Broken Drum