Ah! Glasshopper bad news

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Ah! Glasshopper bad news

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:05 pm

And more bad news. Have not been able to link this.

David Carradine found dead in Thailand hotel - Celebrities- msnbc.com

I loved him playing in Kung Fu, not to mention the other ones he was in. :( :(
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby mspanners » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Did they find him in a wardrobe in a room in Thailand or was hearing things on the news tonight?
mspanners

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 pm

His agent says don't jump to conclusions about it being sideways.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:23 pm

"Thai police told the BBC a hotel maid found the 72-year-old naked in a wardrobe with a cord around his neck and other parts of his body."

What got me was that in Kung Fu he was such a peace-loving-perfect-harmony-seeking, inoffensive guy, yet every episode he got into at least two punch-ups!
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby swreader » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:39 pm

A strange a sad event-which leaves lots of questions.

RIP David Caradine
swreader

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 pm

At least for it's time Kung Fu was a bit 'different' in that it was about an Oriental monk (supposed to be American/Tibetan wasn't he?) but set in the late 19thC USA which refreshingly gave a slightly more accessible alternative to Bruce Lee (who was an utter Kung Fu god but no actor really) that quickly became stereotyped and relegated to X-rated certs in the cinema.

Anyway Carradine was very well cast in that and obviously relished playing unusual characters - so good luck to him in whatever Shangri-la he fetches up in :(
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:35 am

This is the background to his 1975 film, Death Race 2000.

"the United States has been destroyed by a financial crisis and a military coup. Political parties have collapsed into a single Bipartisan Party, which also fulfills the religious functions of a unified church and state. The resulting fascist police state, the United Provinces, is headed by the cult figure "Mr. President""

What the US could have been like if Bush had been allowed to have three terms!
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:02 am

poohbcarrot wrote:This is the background to his 1975 film, Death Race 2000.

"the United States has been destroyed by a financial crisis and a military coup. Political parties have collapsed into a single Bipartisan Party, which also fulfills the religious functions of a unified church and state. The resulting fascist police state, the United Provinces, is headed by the cult figure "Mr. President""

What the US could have been like if Bush had been allowed to have three terms!

Even scarier than it is now. AND it is Pretty damn scary.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:13 am

All too true! :cry:

Please America - NEVER amend that 'only two terms' jewel in your constitution - unless it's to put it back for one term only
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:59 pm

rip david he was brills in deathrace and kung fu :cry:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:17 pm

I loved him in Kill Bill. Excellent films.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:57 pm

I wish the media would just stop digging every little thing up and just say goodbye, Au Revior, see ya later. They degrade themselves and tear good memories to bits. :cry:
Last edited by Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:45 am

I read online google news USA THAT HIS FAMILY HAVE ASKED THE FBI to investigate it.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Trish » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Please America - NEVER amend that 'only two terms' jewel in your constitution - unless it's to put it back for one term only

Should be 1 term for 6 years.

It's not great here, but much better than it's been since Daddy's Boy got in.
Now, I'm just annoyed with my government, not ashamed of it.
Trish

Postby NightOwl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 am

very sad that an actor who gave so much pleasure as "Glass-hopper" should seemingly die in circumstances of auto-erotic pleasure. OK, so it may be a way to go with a smile on your face, but it detracts from any artistic career such a person may have had.

DC was a hero when I was a kid - glued to the TV for proper martial arts and in "Kill Bill" he reminded people what a cult hero he had been.

famous interaction -

"man who die with smile on face need extra-tall coffin"

"yes Master - but is your name Bates?"

thanks David, we may all be t-ssers, but at least you had some style!
All the World's a Stage
NightOwl

Return to The Broken Drum