Is Lance Constable Cuddy the first Dwarf Zombie?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Is Lance Constable Cuddy the first Dwarf Zombie?

Postby Pabiacelyn » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:48 pm

and if so, should we hear a little more about him?
I think he refused to go with Death in 'Men at Arms'
I am sure that Detritus would be happy to see him back.
Sagacious reader
Pabiacelyn

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Um, I don't think so because he died in Klatch and there was no Igor there. I believe that the dwarves have issues with being "brought back" and yeah I think Detritus would have loved it, since Cuddy made him that cooling fan helmet. Sorry :cry: It made me sad when he bit the dust.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:36 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Um, I don't think so because he died in Klatch...

Sorry but you are wrong on this part.

******SPOILER*****

Cuddy did not die in Klatch. He died in the Tower of Art in Men at Arms when Dr Curces pushed him from the top of the tower just before Sam and Sybil's wedding. Remember that Detritus sits in the tower looking at the helmet in his hands before he goes totally Librarian and bursts into the Assassin's guild.
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby swreader » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:13 am

Exp. Date, the rat wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Um, I don't think so because he died in Klatch...

******SPOILER*****

Cuddy did not die in Klatch. He died in the Tower of Art in Men at Arms when Dr Curces pushed him from the top of the tower just before Sam and Sybil's wedding. Remember that Detritus sits in the tower looking at the helmet in his hands before he goes totally Librarian and bursts into the Assassin's guild.

A minor correction, Sam orders Detritus to go to the tower with some men, knowing that something must have happened to Cuddy. Detritus returns to the Great Hall where the wedding is to take place bearing the twisted body of Cuddy, and goes and sits in the hall for some time looking at the helmet. When he leaves to go to the Assassins Guild, he goes out right through the wall (as he makes his entrance, a bit later) into the Guild courtyard.

And to go back to the original question, Cuddy (in his conversation with DEATH) is upset because his ax has been twisted, so he cannot be properly burried. In spite of DEATH'S comment that he doesn't need to, he says, "If I'm not going to be properly buried I ain't going. My tortured soul will walk the world in torment. " He goes on to add that his soul can walk the world if it wants to.

Thus Cuddy is a ghost not a zombie although it does appear that Dwarf beliefs about death & the afterlife would prevent any of them from becoming a zombie.
swreader

Postby Pabiacelyn » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:41 am

"His soul can walk the world if it wants to.."
Well I think we have room for manouver there right away.
It would be a shame to lose him completely, the character was building nicely I thought.
Sagacious reader
Pabiacelyn

Postby mspanners » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Cuddy is gone, I think Carrot had Him buried with the Gonne so He would have a Weapon in the afterlife... if I remember correctly Vimes asked carrot if He had hidden the smashed Gonne in a safe place and then commented on the extra weight of Cuddy's coffin. Putting Two and Two together.... well draw your own conclusions.
mspanners

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:07 pm

What if you are not any good at drawing,best I was was is drawing the curtains (Scottish Joke) :lol:
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

swreader wrote:
Exp. Date, the rat wrote:

******SPOILER*****

A minor correction, Sam orders Detritus to go to the tower with some men, knowing that something must have happened to Cuddy. Detritus returns to the Great Hall where the wedding is to take place bearing the twisted body of Cuddy, and goes and sits in the hall for some time looking at the helmet. When he leaves to go to the Assassins Guild, he goes out right through the wall (as he makes his entrance, a bit later) into the Guild courtyard.

And to go back to the original question, Cuddy (in his conversation with DEATH) is upset because his ax has been twisted, so he cannot be properly burried. In spite of DEATH'S comment that he doesn't need to, he says, "If I'm not going to be properly buried I ain't going. My tortured soul will walk the world in torment. " He goes on to add that his soul can walk the world if it wants to.

Thus Cuddy is a ghost not a zombie although it does appear that Dwarf beliefs about death & the afterlife would prevent any of them from becoming a zombie.

Oh! DUH! :oops: Same book Wrong spot... Twas the Cooling Cap that could not handle the sand storms in Klatch... I was thinking about the hat winding down and poor Detritus becoming Fick again. :cry:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Return to The Broken Drum