Neil Gaiman interviews Terry

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Neil Gaiman interviews Terry

Postby booklover » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Hello,

First post, so excuse me if I get anything wrong...

I love at lot of Mr Pratchett's books (though not 100% convinced by the TV versions). 'Bad Omens' is one of my all-time favourite books and imagine my delight when i found this article http://www.wbqonline.com/feature.do?featureid=1. Neil Gaiman interviewing Terry Pratchett!

Wish i could have been there to ask them both questions! I'd start with 'Who was in charge?' ;-) What would you ask them both?
booklover

Postby booklover » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:04 pm

bad omens??? still drunk from last night. i think. i meant 'Good Omens'

doh!
booklover

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:46 pm

:lol: Oh you'll fit in here just fine! Welcome to the site! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi, Booklover & welcome to the forum. I do have Good Omens, but am ashamed to say I haven't read it yet. :oops: Great link BTW.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby chris.ph » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:13 pm

welcome to the site booklover :) nothing wrong with hangovers :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Welcome to the site booklover. :) take more water with it next time.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby cols » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 am

Welcome booklover :D
cols

Postby booklover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:31 am

thank-you for making me feel so welcome.

i've had lots of water and rest over the weekend and i think i'm back to normal now.

i've never listened to a TP audio book, but love spoken word on my daily commute. which audiobook should i listen to first?
booklover

Postby Dotsie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi Booklover! Glad you're feeling better :wink:

The only audiobooks I've listened to were read by Tony Robinson & Neil Planer. I much preferred the latter (there are also some read by Stephen Briggs but I've never heard one). If you've not read the book in question yet, get an unabridged audio version (all TR ones are abridged, but they tend to be cheaper).
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:33 pm

I've got Thud! and Wintersmith by Stephen Briggs and Lords and Ladies by Nigel Planer. I much prefer Stephen Briggs.

You might want to check out your local library and see if they have any of the audiobooks in stock - my library certainly has. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I've never listened to any audio books and never will. Music is for listening to, books ain't. I have my own picture of discworld characters in my head and if I listened to anyone doing their voices it wouldn't be right.

Just my two-penny worth, that's all!
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:36 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I've never listened to any audio books and never will. Music is for listening to, books ain't. I have my own picture of discworld characters in my head and if I listened to anyone doing their voices it wouldn't be right.

Just my two-penny worth, that's all!
Generally I'm inclined to agree. However, I was given the unabridged version of Thud! and found it great for listening to while travelling to the US when I was too tired to actually read. I can't just sit and listen to an audiobook as I tend to get distracted too easily (like picking up a book and starting to read it). Audiobooks are also quite useful if you are driving a long distance or if I'm out cycling. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Listening to an audiobook got me through a psychological barrier whilst out running. I couldn't manage more than an hour for ages, then I bought some books on tape, & I was out for two!

Not that fit any more though :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Foul ole Ron » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Audiobooks are also quite useful if you are driving a long distance or if I'm out cycling. :wink:

Absolutely agree.

Listening to Terry Pratchett Audiobooks make the time whizz by while on long Car Journeys.

I prefer listening to them than music & I'm a professional musician too.
Buggrit
Foul ole Ron

Return to Terry Pratchett