(For General Discussion)
Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack
one of my favourite authors has passed away , i really enjoyed his novels
the mallorean and the belgariad were brilliant
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
- Posts: 8448
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
- Location: swansea south wales
Yeah it's sad that - he had a great gift for dialogue and created some very attractive characters.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm
- Posts: 10312
- Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
- Location: Dunheved, Kernow
Not read any of his books, but RIP.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
- Posts: 28633
- Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
- Location: Cardiff, Wales
I was surprised and dismayed to hear that earlier on, I have a few of his books.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug
- Posts: 13981
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
- Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland
- Posts: 1501
- Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:12 pm
- Location: Reading - England
I eagerly read and awaited David and Leigh Eddings books for years. Polgara and her father were some of my favorite characters in their works. I shall miss his presence in the literary world. I am happy that he lived to such a ripe old age though and hope that his time on this earth was good to him.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
- Posts: 3885
- Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
- Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know
Return to The Broken Drum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests