What would happen...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:09 pm

Took me about 5 hours and Omnia's post to realise you were talking about one of the 4 disc-bearing elephants :roll:

But I've just read WA & the last thing the witches do is go & see the elephant. So I was thinking of that one :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:13 pm

If Nelly is not welly
And has an upset belly
Then give it lots of jelly
To wobble on a plate.

As Nelly tries to pick up
The jelly, it might hiccup
Which activates the syrup
And leave its health to Fate...

:oops:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:58 pm

I LOVE THAT! It is too cute! :D
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Pabiacelyn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 am

Batty wrote:If Nelly is not welly
And has an upset belly
Then give it lots of jelly
To wobble on a plate.

As Nelly tries to pick up
The jelly, it might hiccup
Which activates the syrup
And leave its health to Fate...

:oops:

Ah, but doesn't Fate play games with the lives of men (and elephants probably) and CHEATS!
Sagacious reader
Pabiacelyn

Postby Batty » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Without the elephants, the Disc may not survive and Fate would not be able to play any games...

Even Fate needs the Discworld. Besides, an Elephant trumps a God!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Stultus Saxum » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:29 am

Straw Walker wrote:At our local Wildlife Park large branches are put in the enclosure from time to time, so the elephants can eat the leaves and bark. :D

What sort of trees are they giving them that the leaves make the elephants bark?

:!: :shock:
Stultus Saxum

Postby poohbcarrot » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Stultus Saxum wrote:
Straw Walker wrote:At our local Wildlife Park large branches are put in the enclosure from time to time, so the elephants can eat the leaves and bark. :D

What sort of trees are they giving them that the leaves make the elephants bark?

:!: :shock:

Oh dear... :lol:

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby chris.ph » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:33 pm

it must be dogwood :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:51 pm

Brilliant dog jokes aside :lol: - in Africa, bark is in fact what Ellies do eat naturally. Obviously they're not grazers with such short necks, despite the dextrous trunk and as they often live in quite arid areas they do browse a lot and sometimes do a lot of damage to crops. This is why farmers aren't too keen on them as it will only take a couple of elephants a few hours to completely trash a maize field... and they have to eat a lot as bark ain't too nourishing. They like fruit and nuts too and go crazy for Marula pods when in season (yes that's the same fruit as in Amarula the Bailey's like cream liqueur). In captivity though hay amkes up the bulk of their food
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 pm

:lol: I was just rereading Mort last night and the scene when Princess Keli is to be crowned has an elephant that had me laughing til I cried. :lol: You Have to Read it and get the picture completely in your head to appreciate it.

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum