Patrick Swayze

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Jinx wrote:Good news everyone! Jinx aten't dead, either. 8) Just been really busy. Got on the waiting list for a job with DWP though, so hopefully before long I can go back to working decent hours.

Looks like the national enquirer's website is down for now. :roll:
Came across this related article in The Sun
Hey, good to see you again Jinx! :D

I think the National Enquirer site may only work over here in the US. :? Oh well.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Jinx wrote:Good news everyone! Jinx aten't dead, either. 8) Just been really busy. Got on the waiting list for a job with DWP though, so hopefully before long I can go back to working decent hours.

Is it theJCPbranch of DWP I ask because I knew a few of the people up there they have a massive site in some areas,I was in finance dept down here and a few of them used to visit here as we were the flagship site. :roll:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jinx » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:

Is it theJCPbranch of DWP I ask because I knew a few of the people up there they have a massive site in some areas,I was in finance dept down here and a few of them used to visit here as we were the flagship site. :roll:
Funnily enough, it is with JCP. It's an AO position, but after seeing how easy it was to get, I'm kicking myself for not going for the EO one too.
Jinx

Postby kakaze » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:34 am

Batty wrote:Those newspapers sound like fun to read, Tony.

they can be very entertaining. my mom used to buy one when we'd take long trips for my sister and me to read.

as an aside, on of my grand uncles was in the enquirer, under the headline "80 Year Old WWII POW Arrested For Growing Vegetables" :lol:
kakaze

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Jinx wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:

Funnily enough, it is with JCP. It's an AO position, but after seeing how easy it was to get, I'm kicking myself for not going for the EO one too.
EO is a line manager's job also known as a B3 well it was in before they mergered with the BA.well I wish you luck bit of advice I was given when I joined years ago by my mate who was an HEO(did not know that at the time) join the the union.I have been made redundant because I did not want to go back to what I used to do in Finance or travel out too far to another site,be prepared to get stressed out big time but dont let me put you off. :)
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:13 pm

kakaze wrote:
Batty wrote:Those newspapers sound like fun to read, Tony.

they can be very entertaining. my mom used to buy one when we'd take long trips for my sister and me to read.

as an aside, on of my grand uncles was in the enquirer, under the headline "80 Year Old WWII POW Arrested For Growing Vegetables" :lol:
:lol: You HAVE to tell us more about your grand uncle now. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum