Terrys branching out

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Terrys branching out

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Just found out Mr P has been branching out into other areas, has the man no bounds and unlimited talent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... D0%26y%3D0
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:07 pm

:lol: Doesn't surprise me in the slightest! Is there no end to his talents? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jarmara » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:32 pm

And for anyone who, like me, is sad enough to wander what Crystallography is - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystallography

:)
Contains Strong Language, Fantasy Violence and Mild Peril

Image The Sunshine Sanctuary says - Click to keep the dragon alive!
Jarmara

Postby chris.ph » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:44 pm

jeez jarmara i couldnt spell half those words after writing them down :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:06 am

Gutted that my collection isn't complete :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Discworld_Lord » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:09 pm

I like a lot of his other books. "Good Omens" with Neil Gaimen as Co-author was good. It takes place on Earth, but it's got a nice story to it and a lot of humour.
"Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. … The real difference is that [Harry Potter author] Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and [Twilight author] Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good."-Stephen King.
Discworld_Lord

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:55 pm

I would appreciate it if someone could elucidate on what book is involved. All I got when I went to the site was "This book is no longer available" and was intrigued by the Wiki site.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:I would appreciate it if someone could elucidate on what book is involved. All I got when I went to the site was "This book is no longer available" and was intrigued by the Wiki site.
If I remember correctly it was a book by someone who happened to be named "Terry Pratchett" but wasn't (we think) out Terry. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: Terrys branching out

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 am

The_Discworldaholic wrote:Just found out Mr P has been branching out into other areas, has the man no bounds and unlimited talent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... D0%26y%3D0
I think I will have to leaf that alone. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:36 am

It was a book about crystallography, just to be clear.

(That wasn't a very good pun was it? :oops: )
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Discworld_Lord » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:19 pm

It was cute, Dotsie ^-^

Can I have more detail on what the book was on? I'm presuming it's non-fiction, but what does it cover?
"Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. … The real difference is that [Harry Potter author] Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and [Twilight author] Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good."-Stephen King.
Discworld_Lord

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Discworld_Lord wrote:It was cute, Dotsie ^-^

Can I have more detail on what the book was on? I'm presuming it's non-fiction, but what does it cover?

I don't remember the exact title, but he has also written a paper on the study of bacterial enzymes using X-ray crystallography (it's a technique whereby you can "see" the shape of the protein, & get a better idea of how it works)
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:18 pm

not for me then dotsie :lol: i prefer a book with a plot
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:19 pm

It's a real page-turner! :lol:
Dotsie

Postby Discworld_Lord » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:24 pm

I find that sort of thing pretty interesting. I bet he'd be able to explain it well.
Discworld_Lord

Return to Latest books