Amazon Kindle

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:32 pm

I've got one thing to say: Betamax. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Never!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby deldaisy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:16 pm

Oh yeah.... and I know of two people personally who now have books at their fingertips after years of being denied being able to read a regular book because of partial blindness.....

With thier readers they can make the print as large as they need. :D
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah. That's a great bit about it. If only I could persuade my mother that technology doesn't bite. :roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby deldaisy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Its easy Bouncy. My oldest daughters Gran, (my darling first ex-mother in law) is now on the net at 80 plus..... her son gave her a laptop with lots of games on it (Solitare and Ma-jong etc....) As she got used to it he put on books (so she has something to do while she goes through dialysis). Then he got the net on for her.... just email mind... so she could see pics of the grandkids :D .... then he showed her how to surf the net.... now she is a whizz at computers and wouldn't be without it.

Baby steps..... and knowing what interests her. :wink:
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

re

Postby leecos80 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:13 pm

I love my kindle so much got it for christmas just gone, I also have the kindle app on my ipod so when im on days at work i can use my kindle and on night shift can use the kindle app on the ipod as its too dark in the fag shelter to read at night lol. good thing is they synch between each other so im always on the correct page. I will always buy TP's books hard back first edition when they come out. But will rely on my kindle cause then i wont have to damage my book collection by repeated reading.
leecos80

Postby RJH » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Sorry to bring back this old topic but i have a Kindle and love it. It allows me to keep my Discworld collection in perfect condition and read them over and over again on my Kindle. My only fault is it has no built in backlight and also why is Eric not on Kindle format?
RJH

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Eric is not on Kindle for the same reason it is not available with a 'black' cover. It is not published by Transworld (Terry's usual publishers) and the actual publishers have not released it as a Kindle book. :)
Tonyblack

Postby RJH » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Eric is not on Kindle for the same reason it is not available with a 'black' cover. It is not published by Transworld (Terry's usual publishers) and the actual publishers have not released it as a Kindle book. :)

Thanks Tony for clearing that up, I thought as much as I was sure someone posted as much on here before I joined but could not find the post. It's is a shame Transworld can't sort a deal out to purchase it?
RJH

Postby deldaisy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:32 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: So I can get a kindle app for my smartphone? (I am sure someone told me this ages ago)
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:40 pm

deldaisy wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: So I can get a kindle app for my smartphone? (I am sure someone told me this ages ago)
You can get Kindle on your computer as well. It's free to download. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Just go on to Amazon site del and it gives you several options PC, android phone(yours) windows phone (mine I got my battery only last week the gits )and other options.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Temple_maiden » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:31 am

deldaisy wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: So I can get a kindle app for my smartphone? (I am sure someone told me this ages ago)

If it's like the iPhone, then you can just go onto the app store in your phone, search for Kindle and download it directly.

It's free.

I love reading books on my iPhone, although I prefer the iBooks interface (which is Apple's) to the Kindle. But that's just personal preference.
. . . and I'm all like, "I wrote a book, innit," and they're all like, "Well where can we get it," and I'm all like, "Here . . ."
Temple_maiden

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:36 am

Temple_maiden wrote:

If it's like the iPhone, then you can just go onto the app store in your phone, search for Kindle and download it directly.

It's free.

Swot I did. Then I got the overdrive app (library books) and the igeology app, then my phone said the memory was full, so I only have the three books that came with kindle :roll: I did say it was a cheap phone, but I can get some more memory for it apparently.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 am

I don't know if this is possible, but can you get Kindle for your PC, upload books to that and then transfer them to your phone as and when you need them - like you'd do with an MP3 player?
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels