Found a bargin

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Found a bargin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Just found a UU edition of Maskerade in a charity shop for £3.00, it was not one of the ones for sale yet but I could see it on the shelf in the open area as I went over the assistant did not say I should not be there so I picked it up, it was not priced she had a look at it a said it would be three poonds like it was going to be too much to pay, no chance money,grab it before anyone else got it. :D as a pig in the proverbial. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14890
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Nice one Dug! :D

Is it the one with the mis-spelled title on the cover?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29021
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Found a bargin

Postby DaveC » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Just found a UU edition of Maskerade in a charity shop for £3.00, it was not one of the ones for sale yet but I could see it on the shelf in the open area as I went over the assistant did not say I should not be there so I picked it up, it was not priced she had a look at it a said it would be three poonds like it was going to be too much to pay, no chance money,grab it before anyone else got it. :D as a pig in the proverbial. :mrgreen:


I have that - exactly the same anecdote, (£2.50) - Mad says they aint rare. :roll:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3801
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Nice one Dug! :D

Is it the one with the mis-spelled title on the cover?
Yes it's the mis-spelled one. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14890
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: Found a bargin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:49 pm

DaveC wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Just found a UU edition of Maskerade in a charity shop for £3.00, it was not one of the ones for sale yet but I could see it on the shelf in the open area as I went over the assistant did not say I should not be there so I picked it up, it was not priced she had a look at it a said it would be three poonds like it was going to be too much to pay, no chance money,grab it before anyone else got it. :D as a pig in the proverbial. :mrgreen:


I have that - exactly the same anecdote, (£2.50) - Mad says they aint rare. :roll:
They are not that rare Dave there is quite a lot of them at over inflated prices,though the mis-spelled one is harder to find, and they do pop up at various charity shops. :) they were the re-issued book club editions.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14890
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: Found a bargin

Postby DaveC » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:50 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
DaveC wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Just found a UU edition of Maskerade in a charity shop for £3.00, it was not one of the ones for sale yet but I could see it on the shelf in the open area as I went over the assistant did not say I should not be there so I picked it up, it was not priced she had a look at it a said it would be three poonds like it was going to be too much to pay, no chance money,grab it before anyone else got it. :D as a pig in the proverbial. :mrgreen:


I have that - exactly the same anecdote, (£2.50) - Mad says they aint rare. :roll:
They are not that rare Dave there is quite a lot of them at over inflated prices,though the mis-spelled one is harder to find, and they do pop up at various charity shops. :) they were the re-issued book club editions.


I have the mis-spelled one too. :wink:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3801
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby RJH » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Could you go back and see if there is anymore for me please, my local chairty shop sells VHS videos and what can only be described as second hand rubbish.
RJH
 

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:51 pm

There are a couple more hardbacks, I think Going Postal and Making Money.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14890
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby RJH » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:There are a couple more hardbacks, I think Going Postal and Making Money.


What condition and how much, might be worth the making money one if in decent condition.
RJH
 

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 pm

I could have a look for you tomorrow, to see if it's still there and let you know.

Ah! now I know :idea:, I thought it was just a spam one on twitter had a couple before. :wink:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14890
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Charity Shop

Postby Shaniah Bristol » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 pm

You wont like this,but Charity Shops are actualy there to make money for good causes----so,in a round a bout way youve stolen money from them that would of gone to a good cause--so well done you,hope the last two pages are missing,love Shann
I may be the "worlds most stunning"Transexual" Ha Ha,but im still a human being--did i say human being,im still looking for Mr Right,keep finding Mr Wrong---any Mr inbetweens out there?
Shaniah Bristol
New member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:44 pm
Location: Bristol,uk

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:01 pm

But that assumes that once it had been priced and put on the shelf the price would have been higher, £3 is quite high for a book in a charity shop so probably all WWD has done is ensured he got it rather than someone else
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
User avatar
Doughnut Jimmy
Member
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Charity Shop

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Crossdress Shania wrote:You wont like this,but Charity Shops are actualy there to make money for good causes----so,in a round a bout way youve stolen money from them that would of gone to a good cause--so well done you,hope the last two pages are missing,love Shann
What absolute rubbish! :evil:

People make donations of items to charity shops because they don't want them. The charity shops put what they consider a fair price on those items.

If the charity shop in question is happy to charge £3 for the item and the customer is happy to pay that £3 then nobody has stolen anything - both sides are happy and the charity has made £3.

I fail to see why you have a problem with that.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29021
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Charity Shop

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Crossdress Shania wrote:You wont like this,but Charity Shops are actualy there to make money for good causes----so,in a round a bout way youve stolen money from them that would of gone to a good cause--so well done you,hope the last two pages are missing,love Shann
How do you work that one out it would have been cheaper going by the price of the others on the shelf, I think you have jumped to conclusions there but the ill informed usually do. AND FOR YOUR INFO I DO NOT STEAL FROM CHARITY SHOPS don't judge me by your standards as they obviosly fall below mine, I donated some items two weeks before that, so up yours deary. :twisted: [/b]
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14890
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: Charity Shop

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Crossdress Shania wrote:You wont like this,but Charity Shops are actualy there to make money for good causes----so,in a round a bout way youve stolen money from them that would of gone to a good cause--so well done you,hope the last two pages are missing,love Shann

Ah! :idea:
Now I see why you want to change your name Shan. :lol:
Don't worry about it. Everybody says really stupid, ignorant and just plain old dumb things every now and then. :P
I always just apologise and carry on as normal. 8)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Next

Return to Discworld novels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron