What have you seen recently? 2

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Watched that as well,and the South Park film as well bigger,better,uncut. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby DaveC » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:23 am

Catch-up wrote::( We're having such a hard time getting out to the theater and there's so much we want to see! If we don't get out soon we'll miss POTC. I also want to see Green Lantern and Cars 2. Missed Thor and X-Men.

I still haven't seen Pirates but am not really bothered - need to see Kung Fu Panda 2 before it goes, same wiith Bridesmaids and Green Lantern. We don't get Cars 2 here till the week after Harry Potter - so 3 weeks...
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby michelanCello » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:30 am

Last two days I watched

The Old Man and the Sea - book was better
A Beautiful Mind - Loved it!
Nightwatching - weird and way too modern :?
The Matrix - I was always a bit emberrassed that I didn't see it until now, but now I'm part of the club :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:44 am

The Matrix rocks! You'll be much happier if you don't watch the next two, BTW :wink:

Watched the first Kung Fu Panda yesterday. Better than I'd been led to believe. Also saw Bridesmaids, which wasn't bad for what it was - a female buddy movie. The flatmate was hilarious :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:25 am

The Matrix rocks x 7 :D
Matrix 2 was silly. :?
Matrix 3 was complete and utter pants. :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby BatrickPatrick » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:35 am

DaveC wrote:
Catch-up wrote::( We're having such a hard time getting out to the theater and there's so much we want to see! If we don't get out soon we'll miss POTC. I also want to see Green Lantern and Cars 2. Missed Thor and X-Men.

I still haven't seen Pirates but am not really bothered - need to see Kung Fu Panda 2 before it goes, same wiith Bridesmaids and Green Lantern. We don't get Cars 2 here till the week after Harry Potter - so 3 weeks...

Kung Fu Panda 2 wasn't as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it...the animation was really nice too. Oh and the kids liked it which isn't quite so important. >.>
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby DaveC » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:50 am

poohcarrot wrote:The Matrix rocks x 7 :D
Matrix 2 was silly. :?
Matrix 3 was complete and utter pants. :twisted:

The Matrix is my favourite film. :) I don't love but I do like the sequels bs they try to do many unexpected things. Although they are a lot more cheesey and than the first and too glossy looking compared to the grit of before.

It still has loads of iconic images, mostly in 3, best bit in 2 despite the digits and chases, is the cake. I love the fight in the rain in 3, the entrance to the club, and the vision machine city and the whole ancest of Bane.

Whenever I watch them I always watch The Animatrix first as its a really cool prequel and in some ways more thought provoking than the following films.

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby Willem » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 am

Dotsie wrote:The Matrix rocks! You'll be much happier if you don't watch the next two, BTW :wink:

Yeah, the Matrix is awesome. I understand that sequels = big money in this case but I didn't think this movie needed any sequels.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby ChristianBecker » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Well, the Matrix needed sequels to clear it all up; only they could have been better.
While Matrix Reloaded had a certain congeniality (I mean, the Keymaker (was this his name in Englisch, literal translation of Schlüsselmacher) was great and those medusa twins and the Carolingian), Revolutions was utter crap.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm still glad they were made,but I would like to see a remake of 2&3 with a better story line.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:04 pm

I'm working my way through series 1 of Enterprise. :)

I only saw a couple of episodes when it first came out and I'm enjoying it so far.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Willem » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Enterprise is pretty good, once it gets set up and has a more continuing storyline it really starts rolling.

I watched The Trip (with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon) today, which was a bit long and boring. I found out it was a tv-show afterwards, probably a bit more watchable in 25-minute chunks. Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I in preparation for part II soon, and I'll go and watch 'Super' now (Rainn Wilson in a kind of superhero movie).
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Joolz » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:23 pm

One of the worst fights I've seen
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby DaveC » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:48 am

Willem wrote:Enterprise is pretty good, once it gets set up and has a more continuing storyline it really starts rolling.

I watched The Trip (with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon) today, which was a bit long and boring. I found out it was a tv-show afterwards, probably a bit more watchable in 25-minute chunks. Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I in preparation for part II soon, and I'll go and watch 'Super' now (Rainn Wilson in a kind of superhero movie).

I watched the film as 6 half hour episodes on TV, loved it. I think it maybe suits TV more. Can't wait to see Super, it's out in a few weeks here.

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby Willem » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:35 am

Super was... interesting. Reminded me of Defendor in a lot of places, but more surreal. Defendor had more heart, Super had the superior emotional ending though.
Willem

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre