Anyone here going to NADWcon?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:19 pm

raisindot wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Raisindot, Tina, any idea if you'll be there?

Even now, I'm still vacilating. Airfare to Milwaukee is surprisingly cheap and I could probably get a decent deal on a rental car. I just don't know if I have the get up and go to get up and go. Just the thought of even mentioning it to my SWMBO (who doesn't look very highly on my DW fandom already) and then have her mention where I'm going to our friends gives me the willies. Nor sure if I could face all the ribbing and strange expressions...and that's just from my own family!

:D
raisindot I'm sure that somewhere on the Con wesite info sheet that they would pick anyone up from a local airport which was Milwaukee or Madison, I have just cancelled my hotel booking as I can't make it now. Image buggerit Image so go and sink a pint for me. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Raisindot I completely understand where you're coming from! I remember the first time I told hubby I planned on flying out of state to attend Tony and Sharlene's wedding. Let's just say he had a hard time processing it. :lol: But, he got over it, had no issues with me going to the last con, and wouldn't let work mess with this year's schedule to make sure I can go to this con.

Now, telling other family members, that earned at least a brief look of confusion. Anyone else, I simply say I'm meeting friends. If I say more it's just that I'm going to an event for a best selling author where I'll get to hear readings, go to a signing, etc., and I stop there.

Anyway, if you decide to come let me know! You won't be left on your own or have a dull moment - promise!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 am

It's a literature convention! Now you sound megabrainy. My family are just glad it's not Star Trek :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:20 am

Dotsie wrote:It's a literature convention! Now you sound megabrainy. My family are just glad it's not Star Trek :D

Good idea :) Live long and prosper Dotsie the Wise :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 am

Dotsie wrote:It's a literature convention! Now you sound megabrainy.

Good idea :)

Dotsie wrote:My family are just glad it's not Star Trek :D

Live long and prosper Dotsie the Wise :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett