The Art of Discworld

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The Art of Discworld

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue May 26, 2009 8:36 pm

OMG what can I say :lol: :D :twisted: I am in LOVE. Paul Kidby, you lovely naughty man, you have so much talent!! Adore Mona Ogg... and Leonard of Quirm. I thought The Last Hero was good, but I had No idea how much talent the man has.

Has anyone noticed the way that Sir Samuel Vimes and Granny Esmerelda Weatherwax resemble each other just a tad, in a sort of cousinly kind of way? The same sort of stare that scares the Bujesus out of you and makes you want to confess anything just to get some distance between you? Lilith, frankly, gives me the Woogelies down the spine with her plate of cookies and that smile.

Tiffany could not be more perfect with her book and cast iron skillet.

I get a kick out of the fact that Paul sculpted Rob Anybody, and now he glares threateningly at Terry from a shelf in his study.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 26, 2009 10:18 pm

I agree with you, Tina. He is an amazing artist.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby giuliano » Fri May 29, 2009 6:33 pm

I actually just got the Art of Discworld a couple of weeks ago myself and for a bargain price of £2 off eBay (hardback too!) :P
I was expecting it to just be artwork but found it had rather a lot of interesting explanations and tidbits as well! He's an excellent artist and most of his drawings echo my own visions of what the characters would look like ^__^
giuliano

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat May 30, 2009 1:41 am

Exactly!
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Return to The Broken Drum