funniest moments in a film

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

funniest moments in a film

Postby chris.ph » Fri May 22, 2009 5:20 pm

the scary film thread gave me the idea for this thread. the funniest thing ive ever seen in a film is mentioned in that thread.
there was another good one in an irish zombie film with samantha mumba sorry i cant remember the name of the film. they didnt have any weapons to kill the zombies until one of the heros comes around the corner in a tractor with a hedgeclipper attached to the pto, body parts everywhere , i was laughing my head off :lol: :lol: by the way ive got a wierd sense of humour can you tell :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Fri May 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Sounds like Braindead (Peter Jackson) where the hero uses a Flymo against the zombies. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri May 22, 2009 5:32 pm

no it was definately a tractor there is a slight difference between a tractor and a flymo :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby wolfiess » Fri May 22, 2009 9:30 pm

i got kicked out the cinema for laughing so much at the shining. i think i may have a sick sence of humor
i get enough exercise just pushing my luck
wolfiess

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 pm

There were so many funny lines in the Life of Brian how could I just pick one. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 am

About 30 mins from the end in Hot Fuzz. I nearly choked on my popcorn, but to say why would ruin it for anyone who's not seen it!

I also really liked the walk-off in Zoolander (I might be the only person who liked that film) :oops:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat May 23, 2009 11:26 am

Zoolanders totally silly so funny and Ben Stiller and Owen thingie are always good for a laugh :D

Hard to say which here, but Mel Brooks keep springing to mind - the infamous bean scene and Lily Von Shtupp the "I'm so tired" Teutonic Titwillow in Blazing Saddles still right up there; too many to mention in Spaceballs but 'comb the desert' (with an Afro comb) 'there goes the planet' & 'I <3 Uranus' (cheap but still funny) amongst others; Putting on the Ritz and Sweet Mystery of Life in Young Fronkenschteeeeeen and wasn't the late and much lamented Marti Feldman brilliant in that as the Igor! :lol:

Life of Brian or the Holy Grail take some beating though - my housemate wants to have Always Look on the Bright Side of Life played as he disappears behind the curtains - but "he's not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy" so I might have to choose Gloomy Sunday instead :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun May 24, 2009 6:54 pm

About 30 mins from the end in Hot Fuzz. I nearly choked on my popcorn, but to say why would ruin it for anyone who's not seen it!

Am trying very hard to remember extactly what happens 30 minutes before the end....actually think all of Hot Fuzz was hilarious :lol:

Someone mentioned Brain dead. Have you seen Bad taste? One of the funniest moments was when Derreck, having split his head open in a fall, stuffs his own brain back into his skull and ties his belt around his head to hold it in place :lol: *Wipes away tears of laughter*
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Tonyblack » Sun May 24, 2009 8:23 pm

WannabeAngua wrote:
about 30 mins from the end in Hot Fuzz. I nearly choked on my popcorn, but to say why would ruin it for anyone who's not seen it!
Am trying very hard to remember extactly what happens 30 minutes before the end....actually think all of Hot Fuzz was hilarious :lol:

Someone mentioned Brain dead. Have you seen Bad taste? One of the funniest moments was when Derreck, having split his head open in a fall, stuffs his own brain back into his skull and ties his belt around his head to hold it in place :lol: *Wipes away tears of laughter*
Yes, that bit is hysterical! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Sun May 24, 2009 9:45 pm

When I was a child, my Mum & Dad took me to see Genevieve. I laughed so much all the way through it, I was nearly thrown out of the cinema. I don't think my Parents ever took me to see a film after that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Return to TV, film, theatre